Jump to content
cmbaviator

Need help to update the PFPX TBM 850

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I noticed that PFPX had a TBM 850 profile, i would guess that there isn't much difference from the hte TBM 900 except the engine horse power ??

Could you guys gives me the DOW MTW... of the TBM 900 and the performance to add ( Drag (%), Fuel cruise (%) ?

 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Empty weight: 2070 kg (4564 lbs)
MTOW: 3354 kg (7394 lbs)

Would be nice to have a PFPX profile with 124 and 170 kias climb, and MAX, NORMAL and LONG RANGE cruise. The one that comes with PFPX (TBM850) doesn't have the long range cruise and the climb is 130 kias only. I've not tested this profile yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maub said:

Empty weight: 2070 kg (4564 lbs)
MTOW: 3354 kg (7394 lbs)

Would be nice to have a PFPX profile with 124 and 170 kias climb, and MAX, NORMAL and LONG RANGE cruise. The one that comes with PFPX (TBM850) doesn't have the long range cruise and the climb is 130 kias only. I've not tested this profile yet.

yeah I noticed that too, maybe a dev will in the futur make an adequate profile ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love this as well; I've been planning all of my flights out from an excel document that I created with a POH as well.

 

Not sure how you create a PFPX profile, but if one could be created that would be amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Creating PFPX aircraft profiles is not easy, if you want it to be accurate, but some people do enjoy it.

Until then, there are several apps available

iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/tbm-proflite/id625461905?l=en&mt=8

iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tbm-performance/id641403446?mt=8

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pohperformance.TBM&hl=en

 

Edited by toby23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No promises, but I've started to work on a PFPX TBM900 profile.
Don't know when and/or if I'm gonna be able to finish it though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is that the TBM is still a General Aviation aircraft (a large one, but still one).

By opposition to airlines and professionnal business jet world, pilots mostly plan and fly using fuel volume and not fuel weight.

If you look inside the official TBM PIM, fuel consumption is given for Liters / h, Kgs / h, and USG /h.

Not Lbs/h.

By the way, fuel gauges inside the aircraft are USG.

 

Having said that, I find more realistic to plan and fly using General Aviation tool, than professionnal tool that don't give you the possibility (PFPX ou Simbrief) to plan using USG/h.

For Europe, I use Autorouter, and for US, I use fltplan.com.

Both are free, and offer stock TBM9 profile.

Edited by jeff64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are spot on Jeff, and that's the way I've been doing it.
We have all the numbers we need on the real POH, so I took a step further to automate the process.;)
In the end you can get fuel planning, route planning, winds and navlog with just a few clicks.

Here is my TBM900 PFPX profile gents: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz2cgmwy9o51rag/Socata TBM 900.zip?dl=0 (unzip to "...\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes")
Included, straight from the POH:
- 124 and 170 KIAS climb profiles
- MAX, NORM and LRC cruise all ISA variations
- 3 different descent profiles (1500ft/m, 2000ft/m and 2500ft/m) 230KIAS

Unfortunately "Kgs" only for the moment. I'm planning to do a "Lbs" profile in the future.
Consider a beta, I've not flight tested it yet.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, maub said:

You are spot on Jeff, and that's the way I've been doing it.
We have all the numbers we need on the real POH, so I took a step further to automate the process.;)
In the end you can get fuel planning, route planning, winds and navlog with just a few clicks.

Here is my TBM900 PFPX profile gents: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz2cgmwy9o51rag/Socata TBM 900.zip?dl=0 (unzip to "...\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes")
Included, straight from the POH:
- 124 and 170 KIAS climb profiles
- MAX, NORM and LRC cruise all ISA variations
- 3 different descent profiles (1500ft/m, 2000ft/m and 2500ft/m) 230KIAS

Unfortunately "Kgs" only for the moment. I'm planning to do a "Lbs" profile in the future.
Consider a beta, I've not flight tested it yet.

you rock :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Profile updated, corrected some innacuracy with US Gal x Kgs conversion. Just redownload the file please.
I'm flight testing right now and will upload to the download section as soon as it gets on "final version" kind of state.;)
I'm getting some different numbers between the simulated aircraft and the POH figures, will try to match the profile.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 5:16 AM, maub said:

You are spot on Jeff, and that's the way I've been doing it.
We have all the numbers we need on the real POH, so I took a step further to automate the process.;)
In the end you can get fuel planning, route planning, winds and navlog with just a few clicks.

Here is my TBM900 PFPX profile gents: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz2cgmwy9o51rag/Socata TBM 900.zip?dl=0 (unzip to "...\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes")
Included, straight from the POH:
- 124 and 170 KIAS climb profiles
- MAX, NORM and LRC cruise all ISA variations
- 3 different descent profiles (1500ft/m, 2000ft/m and 2500ft/m) 230KIAS

Unfortunately "Kgs" only for the moment. I'm planning to do a "Lbs" profile in the future.
Consider a beta, I've not flight tested it yet.

 

I put it in the aircrafttype folder but can't find the profile, only have the socata tbm 850

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

 

I put it in the aircrafttype folder but can't find the profile, only have the socata tbm 850

What's the complete path string at which you're putting the profile?
I ask this because on my PC the PFPX folder structure for whatever reason changed during a past update. Now it's on the user "Documents" folder, like this: "C:\Users\USER\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes"
You have to make sure you're putting the file on the correct one.

PS.: I'm making some changes on the profile and a TBM900 template as well. Will try to finish later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, maub said:

What's the complete path string at which you're putting the profile?
I ask this because on my PC the PFPX folder structure for whatever reason changed during a past update. Now it's on the user "Documents" folder, like this: "C:\Users\USER\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes"
You have to make sure you're putting the file on the correct one.

PS.: I'm making some changes on the profile and a TBM900 template as well. Will try to finish later today.

Sorry it worked, i just put the wrong file lol. Good to know

SO far i noticed thet it underestimated a bit the block fuel for the max speed cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmbaviator said:

Sorry it worked, i just put the wrong file lol. Good to know

SO far i noticed thet it underestimated a bit the block fuel for the max speed cruise

Nice.

Yes, altough the profile is straight from the POH charts, it needs lots of work. I'm close to given up because apart from the Normal Cruise (which I can create a template with fuel and drag bias to overcome the difference), it doesn't match and is quite off. The Long Range and Max Cruise are way off unfortunately. Yesterday I did some flights on the LRC and MAX, and indeed the fuel predictions doesn't match. The simulated aicraft is meant to be used on the "normal range" I guess. An X-Plane limitation perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maub said:

Nice.

Yes, altough the profile is straight from the POH charts, it needs lots of work. I'm close to given up because apart from the Normal Cruise (which I can create a template with fuel and drag bias to overcome the difference), it doesn't match and is quite off. The Long Range and Max Cruise are way off unfortunately. Yesterday I did some flights on the LRC and MAX, and indeed the fuel predictions doesn't match. The simulated aicraft is meant to be used on the "normal range" I guess. An X-Plane limitation perhaps.

i think a +10 % in drag should overcome that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

i think a +10 % in drag should overcome that

Exatly that, I was using 10% for drag and 8% for fuel bias (cruise and hold).
I will do some more tests and release the "final" profile, in the hopes of some more talented person to make a better profile. Unfortunately I don't have the time to edit the charts as I like. This would be a real "flight test" work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 5:29 PM, maub said:

Exatly that, I was using 10% for drag and 8% for fuel bias (cruise and hold).
I will do some more tests and release the "final" profile, in the hopes of some more talented person to make a better profile. Unfortunately I don't have the time to edit the charts as I like. This would be a real "flight test" work.

Thanks very much as it's way better than none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×