Suggestion for a future update

NeoPyro

Hello everyone,

May I suggest an option to load the aircraft in a "cold and dark" state?

That way if you neglect to shut down the aircraft or exit the sim midflight it won't be fully powered up the next time you load it up in the sim?

Edited by NeoPyro
grammar
  • Like 1

I think that Toto wanted people to learn how to operate an aircraft properly instead of just neglecting it, that's why all the maintenance stuff is not optional. If you are not into that your best bet would probably be just to create a new airframe each time.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I do appreciate all the thought that has been put into making this a truly real rendition of the real plane. However, I must agree with @NeoPyro.

When we talk about home simulations, some of us have children, some of us will receive an important work call while flying in Xplane. Consequently, there will be situations in which we'll just have to quit Xplane...  no landing, briefings, no checklists: just plain and simple click on the top right corner "X".

Therefore, an option to roll back to cold and dark would be very much welcome to many people.

Nevertheless, awesome job by the development team.

Cheers!

DC.

Edited by dcbrasil
typo
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jeff64 said:

I think if you just remove the "state" file in "output/TBM900", you get a fresh cold and dark

Nice - I am going to try that.

I second the original poster though. Since the dawn of flight simulation there is always a way to start cold and dark, systems reset.

But you can have both worlds. My suggestion --> Add a "Reset State" button somewhere for the pilots. 

Therefore if you want to always keep the last state, you never press the Reset button.

Edited by johnc
  • Upvote 1