[SOLVED] Can't disengage brakes

borrrden

After the 1.02 update fixed the issue of CTD when pressing the "chocks" button, the aircraft brakes refuse to release.  The parking brake is *off* and the chocks are disconnected, but still the dataref shows 1.000 for lbrak rbrak and wbrak.  On other aircraft it will show 0.0000.  I have never used rudder pedals, and always mapped two keys on the joystick to "hold regular effort" and "toggle maximum effort."  How can I get the TBM to release its brakes?

Edited by borrrden

Oddly, the taxi tutorial seems capable of releasing the brakes, but I don't know what it is doing....it shows the lbrak and rbrak going to 0 when demonstrating the "brakes off" taxi portions.  This brakes locked thing happens from a "fresh" state (i.e. deleting the state folder from TBM900 output triggering the tutorial again)

Edited by borrrden
Add more info

I am having the same exact issue as well as my pitch axis just refuses to work on this aircraft

*Update* When the plane has a fresh state the brakes wont disengage but when its not a fresh state, i have no brakes at all. Also i have pitch movement for the first 2 seconds the plane loads. After that, nothing.

Edited by Tstakeman89

using Logitech G940:

left pedal is set as "left toebrake" right pedal is set as "right toebrake", the last ruder axis is set as "ruder".

even in the tutorial about taxing the aicraft the pedals are not moving when forced to do the exercise with "setting the parking brake" - ruder is moving but pedals (brakes) arent.

same here. Checked all settings for double axis or keystrokes. Should be ok. No movement of brakes/pedals seen in the 3D, only yaw works. When selecting full rudder left and right suddenly the plane starts to roll, but no chance for braking, they don't work.

Have 1.02 and XP11.26 on Win10

Thanks, Peter

5 minutes ago, deimos256 said:

Yeah the lack of any sort of acknowledgement thus far is concerning.  I hate to sound hyperbolic but I can't fly this if my brakes aren't working.

Yes ; at less something like "we heard of that and are trying something". I mean, this topic if top one on the forum and no one from the dev team is sending a buoy. I know releases are something difficult - but one word from them to these people unable to taxiing and takeoff this exceptionnal bird will be a good point.

Edited by MagicSystem

Let's not get overly dramatic here, guys.

If you'll pay any attention to the forum you'll see topics get updated with the [sOLVED] on the subject. If it does not contain this that means we're aware.

Bigger fires first. Too many people couldn't even load the airplane without the whole sim crashing.

Everything has a priority.

For what it's worth I just had an idea that works.  It's more or less the "nuclear option" but I deleted my X-Plane preferences (backed them up rather) and let X-Plane create new ones.  Now I can see the brake pressure starting with 0.  I lost my control mapping and such but the issue also vanished.

The preferences are in X-Plane/Output/Preferences

I've confirmed that X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf is the offending preferences file.  I restored everything besides that one from backup and the issue remains fixed.  I will keep analyzing to find out more because as a developer myself I also know the frustration of being on the other side of these kinds of things.

• Like 1

• borrrden changed the title to [SOLVED] Can't disengage brakes