No cold and dark option?

AirBadger

+1 to this. My X-Plane has crashed twice already and it is a bit annoying to have to reset everything manually as if the plane magically parked itself after a crash (also, ITT temps, and other things make it a bit more challenging). Learning process for sure! But would be nice to have a cheat button to reset everything, specially after a (software) crash.

29 minutes ago, AirBadger said:

Yes, per my original post, I clearly understand that concept - but there are circumstances where it would be nice to reset everything to a default state. 

I think though the point of this aircraft was to simulate it as best as possible. I get your point and we are each entitled to have desires and opinions but  from what I get about this team is fidelity is king. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Guys,

Whilst I can hsrdly believe i am writing this, as all my other aircraft are set to start running ready for takeoff on a runway. I have to disagree. I found it frustrating at first but i have really got into the start and shutdown routines. If there had been buttons i would always have used them, and missed out on the enhanced immersion which start up etc brings. My vote would be leave it as it is.

• Like 3

We will be adding a Cold & Dark option to the "Flight Recovery" screen in a 1.1 update. This means that if you interrupted your flight, or the simulator crashed, you can still restart the flight cold & dark and fresh. However, if you landed and parked the aircraft, you will be forced to properly shut the aircraft down, just as in real life. We're trying to make our simulation both a study tool (and in real life you need to do these boring but necessary procedures) and at the same time a fun experience (so if a sim crash occurs, we don't want to penalize you for it). We believe the Cold & Dark option on flight recovery will be sufficient to cover all the cases where we see our current system as having shortcomings.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

However, if you landed and parked the aircraft, you will be forced to properly shut the aircraft down, just as in real life. We're trying to make our simulation both a study tool (and in real life you need to do these boring but necessary procedures) and at the same time a fun experience (so if a sim crash occurs, we don't want to penalize you for it).

This is exactly what I was hoping for.  The realism aspect of this model is what separates this TBM from other, otherwise well done, payware aircraft.

Edited by sqrt(-1)