[SOLVED] Frame Rates / Objects size

Graeme_77

Using v1.08 with Xp11.26

cpu 4790k at 4.6 mem 16gb video gtx1080ti

OS win7x64

My initial comments are that this is a great aircraft. Lots of new things to learn but it is a lot of fun.

However, there is one negative side: the visual effects for this a/c are very demanding mainly: exhaust heatblur and rain/ice.

When these options are on (with or without rain/ice) there is lag when panning inside the cockpit or outside.

It is borderline in terms of fluidity.

So for now, to fully enjoy the TBM, I switch off those visual effects.

Cheers

• Like 1

I haven't read the whole thread so maybe somebody has already mentioned it, but the issue with this plane is the same one I have with the Rotate MD80: If the TBM is the first plane I load after starting XP, the frames are pretty bad. But if I either a. reload the aircraft or b. load the default Cessna (or other default plane) prior to loading the TBM, frames are smooth and normal.

From what I've heard in the past, this is more an issue with XP itself and not necessarily a single product. So as a workaround, just initially load into the default Skyhawk and then load the TBM.

Edited by mikehatch
  • Like 1

I tried all the tips and tricks on this thread and the low FPS problem still persist. I wanna say that I have a mid to high range PC. EVERY add-on that I have runs stable at above 50 FPS unless im flying into London or NYC of course -_- except this bird. What I've observed in my troubleshooting is that when I zoom in focusing on the plane - Whether it is from the exterior or interior views it tanks the frames by a whopping 25 to sometimes 45 FPS! Then, when I zoom out again it goes back to an avg 50-65 FPS. Is anyone else experiencing this? Again, no other add-on behaves like this.

Here she is sitting in all her beauty at Key West. Zoomed all the way out notice the high fps. Tried every camera angle imaginable and the results are the same. With or without visual effects.  

image.png.9e8f7945569af33371dc16e706a3c982.png

image.thumb.png.97fa0317b2276a4cad679da4f622ae27.png

Here she is zoomed in and look at the FPS tanks to 15!!!!

image.png.7887805774f94a456a2e2b08d2b38a1e.png

zoomed

System specs

8700K default/ no OC

GTX 1080 FTW OC 

32GB RAM 

4TB storage capacity

image.png

image.png

still having some oddities here and there too with the fps after about 2 hours of running it in the sim. FPS drops to low 20s and stays there, but today it suddenly went up again to normal levels by itself. Maybe its something interfering with the plugins for the tbm, this seems to happen to only the tbm or maybe its something caused by my sim. But other than that its pretty solid, HUDGE fps improvement over the other versions. Do get the occasional CTD and theres some bugs with the keypad entering numbers instead of letters sometimes but other than that its pretty soild.  

Edited by ramster211

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I used to have 30/40 fps in average in any conditions with all the payware I have so far...30 when it's overcast and 40 even more in other conditions.

I just bought the TBM and my FPS are stuck at 20 fps and get down to 15/16 ?!?? What's going on? It's just unflyable. I didn't even take off, I just can't fly with so low fps.

Can't be my settings again I don't have stutters or drop fsp with the machine I have, so I'm kind of worry.

Any helps ? Tks

PS: it looks like I have the last version, I just bought it

On 11/11/2018 at 7:37 PM, swede001 said:

Removed WorldTraffic and WorldTrafficRadar (just renamed the xpl files to something else) and fps went up from 10 fps to about 30 fps!

I just followed your precious advice and it looks like it gets back to normal.... I'll make a test flight right now

Speechless (that's the word that could illustre my point)  after 7,7 hours of flying, I'm just speechless! Just an amazing addon! I have no word so much I was waiting for this kind of addon especially when you fly for real you know so well how much you have to take care of everything... who could imagine 10 years ago (even less) that we will have such a realistic airplane in a sim ? Yeap there is the A2A (very great job, no doubt) REP good job on the very good way, we also have the fantastic SF 260 Jrollon very creative, very realistic but here we now have the TBM 900: an other story...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CREATIVE X-AVIATION TEAM!

(captain's speaking) !:);)