[SOLVED] Frame Rates / Objects size

Graeme_77

Hi,

the plane is great but no doubt the heaviest on FPS.

In the streamings you tested TBM900 at SCIP - lonely island with almost zero objects in scenery.

Try something more complex and please optimize FPS.

At EPWA with Drzewiecki Design scenery I can hardly fly at 16 FPS.

Epic 1000 - 32 FPS

Laminar SF50 - 50 fps

I have GPU GTX980 4 GB.

Thank you for the support - I believe the plane will be even better :)

1 minute ago, marpilot said:

Hi,

In the streamings you tested TBM900 at SCIP - lonely island with almost zero objects in scenery.

Epic 1000 - 32 FPS

Laminar SF50 - 50 fps

I have GPU GTX980 4 GB.

The latest update has people gaining up to 14fps. And I have more optimisations planned over the next day or 2. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, marpilot said:

Hi,

Epic 1000 - 32 FPS

Laminar SF50 - 50 fps

I have GPU GTX980 4 GB.

Just a note on this. We chose SCIP purely for the short loading times. We depended on our testers and streamers to test it at other airports. Strangely enough, they were all getting good performance. 

Edited by Goran_M

I agree with earlier posts, 

@Goran_M The amount of support and interaction has been great, and the amount of updates in the last few days has really been outstanding. I appreciate you guys working hard on getting this performance update out as soon as possible for us.

Unfortunately afte the 1.04 update i only got about a 2-4 fps increase, but it is still an improvement :D

EDIT: So, i also found out that disabling flywithlua gains me a few fps too. Not sure if this is something universal or specific to the TBM 

Edited by ramster211

Some stats for me as well (and Kudos for all the patches and hard work).. no real change from v1.03 to 1.04 that i can see though the numbers arent that off, perhaps..(could maybe use a 6-9 fps boost if possible, though more for VR is ideal down the road).

Test hardware: i7-8700k at 5.1 and 1080ftw evga hybrid
Test scenario: Plane running at EGLL runway 09L (heathrow with some addon scenery with True Earth enabled)...
v1.03 and v1.04 both at 32 fps in 2D at 4K (this is with HDR off (for vr) + objects high, reflections low, AA at 4X)

Comparables:

Default Cessna 172:    43 fps
Thranda Kodiak Quest:  35 fps
Diamond DA62:    40 fps  

also tried at Clench Commons.. freeware rural spot west of london (fictional) on the org:  
tbm 900 (is at 44fps..
default cessna at 74 fps (no vsync) 
da 62 at 69fps
kodiak at 50fps (once again the comparable)

@Goran_M, just installed the 1.04:

Get additional 5 fps thank you for that! Watching some big fluctuation on the FPS then drop very fast from 25 to 16-18 in a straight flight, without loading weather and every 5-6 sec.

It seems like some background process is eating fps. The conditions of testing were the same as the previous versions and no other processes were running.

Waiting for the next update.

Thank you for your hard work!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skiselkov said:

@ANordheim Thank you for the kind words.

We've just pushed out an update that should help with frame rates. Reductions in mesh complexity and the ability to selectively disable some reflection effects should help you guys out. We'll be working on more improvements, but we wanted you folks to have the benefits as soon as possible.

Looks like an improvement for sure based on loading the aircraft at the same spot with the same settings. Went up about 8-10 frames. Thanks again guys!

1 hour ago, skiselkov said:

We have a build in the works for tonight. Testers reporting performance improvements of between 25 and 50%. Seems I accidentally left some debug code in the builds that was slowing them down. Stay tuned for the next update, it should help quite a bit.

Awesome, looking forward for this update.

Saso....you´re awesome!

Now i have smooth (around) 30fps on my "low end" system. (i53550 @ 3,5GHz, 1060GTX 6GB, 8 GB Ram) I just did a short test and i don´t know how rain & icing will effect the frames. But it´s a completely "new" experience!

I wanna thank you and you´re team for working so hard to get your customers satisfied. You are setting high standards now with quality of the airplane, quality of support and help!!

The TBM is far the best spent money in flightsimulation!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skiselkov said:

Folks, please retest with 1.0.5 and let us know what sorts of improvements you are getting. Rest assured, we've got more we want to do. But even just this should help you get into the comfort zone in terms of performance.

You made a great job: with my GTX 1080, a 7820X CPU and 32 Go RAM, I get around 30-40% of improvement with 1.0.5 compared to 1.0.4.

Thank you very much.

WOW! @skiselkov Thanks, there is a huge difference in the fps. It was great to finally go do a nice long 2+ flight! So much fun to hand fly too, love the high speed stiffness of the controls! :D

But i did also notice something odd. When i started i got around 30fps at the ramp ready to go engines on and all. After landing, with very similar conditions and not in a densely populated area, the fps would not budge at all above 19-23 fps. I got rid of all weather, turned down settings etc. and the fps would not budge above 19-23 at all. 

Now, after restarting the sim at the destination airport (that i got 19-23 fps on) i am now getting 35fps even with clouds broken. When i landed there was even less clouds. 

Edited by ramster211

2 hours ago, ramster211 said:

But i did also notice something odd. When i started i got around 30fps at the ramp ready to go engines on and all. After landing, with very similar conditions and not in a densely populated area, the fps would not budge at all above 19-23 fps. I got rid of all weather, turned down settings etc. and the fps would not budge above 19-23 at all. 

Now, after restarting the sim at the destination airport (that i got 19-23 fps on) i am now getting 35fps even with clouds broken. When i landed there was even less clouds. 

We've investigating this. Several users have reported long-term framerate losses.

12 hours ago, skiselkov said:

Folks, please retest with 1.0.5 and let us know what sorts of improvements you are getting. Rest assured, we've got more we want to do. But even just this should help you get into the comfort zone in terms of performance.

What can I say??!!!!!Thank you! 30-35fps in Broken with xEnviro... and higher textures + HDR + Switzerland Orthophoto!!!!!!

You are amazing! Fantastic improvement!

The first version I installed I think was 1.0.2 and on 1.0.5 I can definitely notice improved performance even if my frames seem largely unchanged, mostly in terms of less stuttering when looking around.  I’m currently trying to determine if loading a stock plane first then the 900 or re-loading the whole sim gives me a better frame rate boost, because both scenarios have given me boosts.   20 FPS vs30+ when changing planes or re loading.  

19 hours ago, lehbird said:

For those that are having FPS issues, you may want to try this.....

If I initially load the TBM when I start XP I get FPS in the teens. But if I load another AC THEN switch to the TMB, I get 40-45 FPS.

Might be worth a shot if you are having issues.

Dave

I started today with 1.0.6. With the aircraft dark and cold, I got 37 fps . Then, I loaded another aircraft and immediatelly got back to tbm. surprisingly, fps rose up to 51. Once in the air, I got 47-48

Javier

Maybe it is a good thing to reload the aircraft using the option under Développer tab, right after  the 1st load of the plane.

I noticed that for some reason, when activating the aircraft again in game after the update, my FPS stuck at 20. As soon as I reload the plane, FPS go back to 30 (my limit with  Vsync) and everything gets smoother.

It may be the same phenomenon as loading another aircraft and reloading the TBM.

Pierre

I've compared the size of v1.08 objects with those from v1.06 and I've seen that a pair of objects are actually much bigger than before.
Since you told that you worked on the poly reduction side, may I ask if this is expected?

v1.08 objects/size:

• TBM900_cockpit.obj    3.426.939
  • objects\Instruments_1.obj    33.425.198

v1.06 objects/size:

• TBM900_cockpit.obj    762.358
  • objects\Instruments_1.obj    15.833.216