Sign in to follow this  
daemotron

X-Aviation Installer vs. Bitdefender 2019

Hi, this is just for information, nothing dramatic:

After upgrading Bitdefender from 2018 to 2019, I found it blocks the X-Aviation installers from authenticating to x-aviation.com. Apparently the installers use HTTP (not HTTPS) to submit the user credentials entered in the installer, which is detected by the new Bitdefender version. Consequently, the installer freezes (you can still cancel the process). To work around, go to the Bitdefender notification page and look for the message related to this event. Below the message you'll find a button to add an exception for x-aviation.com. After that, you'll have to terminate the running installer process and start it again - and it will work flawlessly.

That's how the message in Bitdefender looks like (the one marked in red):

bitdefender_xaviation_installer.png.49d32cf070667ab08fbd9dac3518307c.png

• Upvote 1

Thanks for raising this. I can see this being an issue to look out for with in-sim activation via Gizmo as well. 

(This also forum runs on http, so....)

Hopefully adding cross-platform TLS support to gizmo isn't too tedious. :|

Yes, we've been seeing this with in sim activations and this application as well, not just the installers. I'm guessing this update just came out in the last week? I wasn't getting any support issues about it till now. Surprisingly nothing about the installers, but definitely about the in sim stuff.

Installers should be an easy transition, but in sim will take some time.