1.5.1: Electrical supply fails after auto-start

Dscho

Hi,

Recently, not every time but very often, electric power supply becomes completely inoperative - sometimes shortly after auto start, sometimes during early phase of flight. I proceeded strictly as described in the manual "10-Step Quick Start  for x-plane 10 64 bit". I didn't see this with the previous version. I am at XP 11.11r2.

1. Has anybody of you experienced this too?

2. Did I miss something or is it a bug?

Any ideas ?

Dscho

I encountered the same problem yesterday. After manual startup following the full checklist procedures as I normally do

during engine startup 

starting engine 2 and resetting gen 2 

disconnecting ground power after gen 2 gave power

starting engine 1 and resetting gen 1

I then wanted to proceed but everything stopped working but strangely the engines kept running. So it looked like a system failure or a picnic (problem in chair not in computer). I was not in the mood to investigate, so started the eclipse and made the flight with that plane. 

What was different this time that I can remember:

I upgraded the nvidia drivers, used the avitab early in the flight planning even before engine startup and I also had to make some configuration changes to Pilot2Atc because with the Saab there are some com things that behave different than with the other planes  

If i’m I’m the mood for some debugging this week  I‘ll post my findings  

Here the log files attached. As already mentioned i strictly followed the instructions given by "10-Step Quick Start  for x-plane 10 64 bit"  manual. This time the Auto-Start didn't finish, already during the AHRS alignment the electrical power has been stopped and the engines too.

Edit: And as already mentioned sometime it works, sometime - more often - not!

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Edited by Dscho
supplement

56 minutes ago, Dscho said:

Here the log files attached. As already mentioned i strictly followed the instructions given by "10-Step Quick Start  for x-plane 10 64 bit"  manual. This time the Auto-Start didn't finish, already during the AHRS alignment the electrical power has been stopped and the engines too.

Edit: And as already mentioned sometime it works, sometime - more often - not!

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

There is nothing obvious in the logs to explain what is happening. However, you are several versions behind with X-Plane and I recommend you upgrade to the latest.  

At this point I suggest you do the usual testing:  Remove all plugins except Gizmo, unplug any hardware you are using, and try again.  Best thing to do is download the XP demo and use that for the test as it is a "clean" install. 

Hi, now I found the reason for the quirk which bothered me: it has to do with fiddling with the condition lever. For those who are interested:

At the beginning the condition lever of the throttle quadrant (Hardware Lever) and the condition lever of the virtual cockpit (Software Lever) are at the "FUEL OFF" position. The Auto-Start sequence puts the Software Lever to the "START" indent, but the Hardware Lever remains at the "FUEL OFF" position. Now when I move the Hardware Lever to the "MIN" indent after the Auto-Start  sequence has finished, the Software Lever flips back to the "FUEL OFF" position, only for a short moment, but enough to cause the generators to go offline!

The solution is either to control the condition lever solely with the mouse, or to move the Hardware Lever to the "START" indent before starting the Auto-Start sequence.