Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Cessna 310L v1.0.8 Update Released!

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.0.8 update for the Cessna 310L. All customers who have purchased the Cessna 310L up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Cessna 310L from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.0.8 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original Cessna 310L download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• ADF needle now reacts to aircraft heading
  • ADF Gain needle reacts when the tuned frequency is in range
  • ADF thousandths dial is more visible
  • Transponder interrogation light fixed
  • Autopilot Vertical velocity is set to zero when the white line in the center of the VS wheel is clicked (New VS to zero commands)
  • Autopilot switches behavior corrected, now they won't move on their own
  • (New AP commands)
  • Aircraft elevator tunned. Now it should be 20% less sensitive and up to aircraft specifications
  • Interior Texture fixes
  • New Autopilot Popup Window
  • New Avionics options. Now, in "weight and balance" popup, you can select the GPS configuration between no GPS, single Garmin 430, single Garmin 530 or Dual Garmin 430/530

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 3

Thanks for this excellent looking update, but the C310L-osx-installer.dmg file for Mac OS does return an error saying that it cannot be mounted.  I posted this yesterday on the forum but did not get any answer.  The Mac OS install file for the original version as well as for the 1.06 update did work fine though.  Could you please have a look into this?

Thanks,

Jean-Jacques Struyf

1 hour ago, jjstruyf said:

Thanks for this excellent looking update, but the C310L-osx-installer.dmg file for Mac OS does return an error saying that it cannot be mounted.  I posted this yesterday on the forum but did not get any answer.  The Mac OS install file for the original version as well as for the 1.06 update did work fine though.  Could you please have a look into this?

Thanks,

Jean-Jacques Struyf

Just tested it on my Mac. It mounts fine and reports no errors. I have not had one single report about this aside from you either, so I'm guessing this is your machine and not a common issue.

Google is usually pretty helpful too. In about 30 seconds I found this answer for someone experiencing this with MacOS in general:

"I was able to resolve this problem by opening up my macOS Security & Privacy settings, navigating to General, and then clicking Allow on the app developer that was being blocked. Hope this helps!"

If that doesn't help you'll need to do some more digging. We have plenty of Mac users, so I would have heard this already by now if it were truly a problem.

Thank you Cameron,

Before posting here I did a search on Google and found the same solution as you did, but it did not work, so I posted my problem here.  This alert generally says that a dmg file is corrupted.  Though, I could successfully open another dmg file on my MacbookPro. As a test, I redownloaded the update 1.08 on a windows 7 partition on my Macbook (which I use for FSX), copied the dmg file back to my OS partition and got the same error.

I also created a dummy X-Plane folder on my Win7 parttion and successfully installed the 1.08 update to it.  Do you think I could just copy those files (Aircraft - Resources/plugins - X-Aviation) back to my X-Plane folder on my Mac OS partition?????  

Jean-Jacques

Problem solved!  Here is what I did.

1. I opened the dmg file in MacOS disk utility.

2. I clicked on the verify disk button

3. I right clicked on the verified folder and selected "show Cessna 310L in the Finder

4. launched the file from the Finder window and voilà!

Jean-Jacques