Throttle idle help

Jean tardiff

When I am getting near the 1000 for mark on descent . I don’t know if I have slowed down to mich but thenthrottle starts going up to 50-55%, it also won’t allow me to use the throttle on my yoke or on the screen and won’t seem to let me connect the throttle blocks . It’s has done it the last few landings . 

When it’s is supposed to land it starts trying to nose up and take off 

I think the solution to your problem is that you are doing something wrong ;).

Look at the instructional videos (or youtube videos of the IXEG out there) to see where you are doing things different from the other thousands of users that don´t have that problem.

Happy landings, Jan

The problem you describe coincides with the autothrottle system taking over control - either as a normal combined mode reversion (i.e. when ALT ACQ becomes active, the autothrottle will automatically engage MCP SPD mode) or due to a alpha-floor reversion (where the autothrottle goes from ARM to MCP SPD to avoid a stall).

Once the autothrottle is active (a green mode displayed), you can not control the throttle with your joystick throttle.

Cheers, Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely sounds like autothrottle. 

I'm no expert by any means, but I usually disengage my A/T switch about 500ft from the ground (it is usually stable enough to keep the current speed for the last 500ft at that point) and then reduce thrust at 50ft callout. Never had any issues with it. 

Hope you figure it out. 

• 1 month later...