Engines mounted to high or different engine housings?

SinusJayCee

Hi all,

I'm currently working on an Air Bremen livery for the Saab. It has a horizontal red line on the engines, which starts at the lower edge of the prop cone (I don't know the exact name of this thing) and runs across the engine. After adding the line to my livery, I noticed that it is higher than expected compared to the fuselage and to the wings. Furthermore, when comparing the engine housing to the photos, I noticed that the part below the the wings is smaller compared to the real one. Finally, the leading edge are below the engine intake, while on the photos of the real plane, they are located rather above it. Here are two pictures for comparison:

LES_Saab_340A_108.thumb.jpg.27be529469f80e29abbc660bcc2839dd.jpgAirbremen.thumb.jpg.cdd374374e9b3b7ec4a2000d687e6b52.jpg

(Source of second picture: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Airbremen.jpg, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0)

Have there been different engines or engine housings or is there a slight inaccuracy in the mounting position?

Thank you in advance for the information!

I tried to change the color of the prop. Unfortunately, they are very glossy, while looks quite good for black blades, but not for gray ones. Is it possible for me to change this with the livery?

And yet another question: Is it correct that I've to colorize one of the horizontal stabilizers in order to paint the marked part around the beacon?

tail.thumb.jpg.7435fad59cb52b51749d7b377e7a99af.jpgtail_texture.thumb.jpg.cd36e284baa30d14fa61ee5f44111320.jpg

Making a new normal map with reduced gloss will change the gloss for the props.  It's possible to do, but will require some trial and error.
And yes, the texture for the flat section around the beacon is on the horizontal tail.  (Wasn't me who textured it like that.  It was the texture guy that was with us back then.)