install Saab 340 on two copies of X-Plane

Chase911

Is it possible to install a second copy of the Saab on another copy of XP? I have a 2nd copy of XP for trouble shooting when necessary. The 2nd copy is bare bones. Which has no weather program or plugins.  i use this copy to fly VR in the default C172 due to the high frames i get. So i would like to try flying the Saab in VR on this copy as well.

Would i have to activate the plane everytime i swap which copy i fly it on?

I know i ran into that with another plane i use. 

Thanks. 

Dave.

1 hour ago, Chase911 said:

Is it possible to install a second copy of the Saab on another copy of XP? I have a 2nd copy of XP for trouble shooting when necessary. The 2nd copy is bare bones. Which has no weather program or plugins.  i use this copy to fly VR in the default C172 due to the high frames i get. So i would like to try flying the Saab in VR on this copy as well.

Would i have to activate the plane everytime i swap which copy i fly it on?

I know i ran into that with another plane i use. 

Thanks. 

Dave.

This is fine. The machine ID is generated from the OS install, not the copy of X-Plane.

License renewal occurs every two weeks - or occasionally when Windows Update installs a bunch of deep changes.

License data is stored inside the X-Plane folder so approx every two weeks you will potentially need to update both copies of your sim.

Edited by Ben Russell
Added details.

3 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

This is fine. The machine ID is generated from the OS install, not the copy of X-Plane.

License renewal occurs every two weeks - or occasionally when Windows Update installs a bunch of deep changes.

License data is stored inside the X-Plane folder so approx every two weeks you will potentially need to update both copies of your sim.

Ah ha. That's great!. Thanks.  i'll give it a try.

Dave.