Autocoarsen & Warnings

Chase911

Ever since the update to 1.5.1 I've been getting the Red alert warning upon starting my take off roll with auto coarsen on. 

I never had this happen before. And I can not figure out what has changed. 

It happens most of the time, but only on the first initial take off. Once I take off and land I can repeatedly 

take off using Autocoarsen and never experience a problem / warning. So I'm lost as to what might be going on.

At the holding short of runway, I flip on the auto coarsen on top panel and then turn dial to 100. Then Once I pull out onto runway, I flip on both switches 

arming the system. I move prop to MAX, then slowly move the throttle forward until the the system catches and moves the RPM's to 100.

However, as soon as it catches, I get these warnings. It does not display anything on the alert panel as to what might be causing this. I reduce power and try again. Every time The auto coarsen takes over I get the warning. 

Anyone else experiencing this? If so has anyone found a way to stop it from happening? 

Now I just take off with the alarm sounding and as soon as I lift off the warnings stop and everything returns to normal. It's something to do with the ground aspect I guess 

Thanks 

Dave. 

Well the auto Coarsen is basically an auto fether in case of engine failure.  So I'm guessing the problem lies with CTOT. ( Auto throttle) . I'm only stating the sequence i do things.  So i really don't understand why i get the warning.  As soon as i leave the ground the warning quits. 

As soon as i land. I can go through the sequence again and not get a single warning.

So I'm puzzled. 

Can you describe the warning in more detail?  All you have described is a "red alert".  Is there a specific annunciator light that is turning on, or an aural signal.  Does this occur with a manual start, or also with auto-start?  

Maybe you could post a short video?

Edited by JGregory

I think I may know why it does that. It maybe one of two reasons. I think you may of made the engines more sensitive to engine bloom. Or the Trim needs to be re-set. I'm guessing the Engine. This time. instead of pushing the throttle from idle to 70%, I moved them to 40 % then 50% and waited for RPM's to stabilize. I then continued to move it till  the CTOT caught and this time no alarm. It was the red flashing warning the other day. So I'm guessing its the engines have to be stable or the trim needs to be reset. But any regards I think I can take off now without a warning. I would record, but i don't have a program to do so. Anyway. I'll keep testing. If it continues i'll download something to record. Do you thinking it was engine management? 

Thanks. 

Dave.

I assume you're talking about the Takeoff Config warning occurring when you push the power level beyond a certain amount?

The Systems.pdf has a list of the things it's looking for (bottom of page 182); pitch trim not good; too much flap; or condition levers not set for max RPM.

I'd almost bet money it's the last one, as the condition levers max RPM setting is a detent just before the maximum position. If you just jam them all the way forward because that's what you do on most aircraft, you'll be in the weird "T/M" setting which I don't fully understand, rather than max RPM, and the takeoff check system will be angry with you.

Thanks!. That's it. I had read that before. But has been a long time. In my case the takeoff config warning was going off due to pitch trim not correct. i was getting into a habit of applying a certain degree of up trim before take off. That would explain why some takeoffs were ok and others would get the alarm.  because i would set the trim probably just outside the allowed setting. The reason for this is because after take off I'm having to roll in up trim for quite a while before i can go hands free. Yesterday i just clicked the reset button for trim and left it alone and didn't get any warnings.  Since i knew not to jam the throttle into the T/M setting the Trim would be the culprit.  it's to bad the trim has to be in the reset position or close to it. But i guess that's how the real plane works.

Thanks

Dave.

Edited by Chase911