Sign in to follow this  
scarp

A few questions...

Just bought it and love it.

But I have a couple of small issues, for one the menu that is supposed to pop up in the lower left corner only shows when I minimize XP to a small window, and then only 2 (of 3?) entries are visible, "performance" and "checklist". Are there other ways to activate/display the refuelling page?

Secondly, where is the King 64 DME?

Edit: And third, I forgot this one, but is there a painkit?

Just want to add my support to the idea of making the AP as a popup for easier use. It would be nice if the VS-wheel on the AP could be reset to zero by clicking somwhere or maybe a small sound (like a click) to mark the center. In RL I presume there's a physical detent that you can feel as you adjust the wheel?

Best Regards....

Edited by scarp

"But I have a couple of small issues, for one the menu that is supposed to pop up in the lower left corner only shows when I minimize XP to a small window, and then only 2 (of 3?) entries are visible, "performance" and "checklist". Are there other ways to activate/display the refueling page?"

Currently, when you resize your XP window, it messes up the pop-up icons. You can try two things:
1) Try grabbing the icon from the top part where the "performance" word is written and moving it. 
2) Reboot Gizmo64.

"Secondly, where is the King 64 DME?"
It is beneath the storm radar.

" In RL I presume there's a physical detent that you can feel as you adjust the wheel?"
That is correct, in RL there is physical detent. The pop-up and some sort centering system will be implemented.

Regards

Edited by Digital Replica
  • Upvote 1

Thank's, I found it lol. It was so dark and the writing invisible from my normal zoom that I thought is was just paneling, had to soom in all the way to see the the writing :D

I'll experiment with the gizmo, see what it can do :P

Thanks for taking into consideration the VS wheel, it would make life easier in the digital world

And btw: anything regarding a paintkit?

Edited by scarp

I got the autopilot to do what I wanted (sort of) for a while in a flight on PE, but when I later wanted to alter a heading, I couldn't quite get it to work gently.  Maybe my fault.  I found the operation of the autopilot trim wheel to be quite difficult.  One of the arrows was sometimes tricky to "find".  So, I'm still struggling with getting it to climb or descend with the A/P.  Easier to hand fly it.   I found a nice heading to keep the CDI centred on a VOR, but have you now quietly implemented VOR tracking?  I presume that the A/P is not in any way coupled to the GPS - or is it, or will it be? 

I reduced the joystick sensitivities down to around 50%, and I could then hand fly the plane pretty well, but I realise that everyone's setup will be different.

One day in the future, you could give us an alternate panel - like the one on the YouTube "310 Pilot" channel :-)    I am kidding, but it's a thought......

Edited by diamonddriller

21 hours ago, diamonddriller said:

I got the autopilot to do what I wanted (sort of) for a while in a flight on PE, but when I later wanted to alter a heading, I couldn't quite get it to work gently.  Maybe my fault.  I found the operation of the autopilot trim wheel to be quite difficult.  One of the arrows was sometimes tricky to "findusing  So, I'm still struggling with getting it to climb or descend with the A/P.  Easier to hand fly it.   I found a nice heading to keep the CDI centred on a VOR, but have you now quietly implemented VOR tracking?  I presume that the A/P is not in any way coupled to the GPS - or is it, or will it be? 

I reduced the joystick sensitivities down to around 50%, and I could then hand fly the plane pretty well, but I realise that everyone's setup will be different.

One day in the future, you could give us an alternate panel - like the one on the YouTube "310 Pilot" channel :-)    I am kidding, but it's a thought......

Try using the mouse wheel for adjusting the autopilot pitch wheel, it will be a lot easier. In any case, I make the manipulator bigger so it is easier to find. 

The AP has VOR tracking and intercept. Set the middle switch to the "omni intercept" position, which acts typical NAV mode. In this mode, it will use the OBS of the selected NAV source for tracking or intercepting. 

If you click the "CDI" button in the Garmin 430, you will set it on GPS mode, which will couple the autopilot with the GPS. In RL it shouldn't be coupled with the autopilot in any way, but I haven't come around for a solution to this yet.

A small  heads up. I just discovered why I didn't see the DME (and a few other things). I was using repaints made by teildraggin68 and he had made some panel modifications as well where these were missing completly. So no wonder I didn't see the DME :D

And reloading the gizmo fixed the menu issue as well.

Edited by scarp
  • Like 1