Help/Advice on IXEG 737

rf4c

Hi everybody, from a newbie.

I'm new here, new to XPlane11 and new to IXEG 737.

Three questions that I bet are buried in the documentation, except I can't find them!!

1) How to check for updates to this aircraft and

2) What file formats are co-route flightplans acceptable in the FMC and is there a flight planning programme that allows

me to construct my own VOR to VOR routes, rather than accept the auto generated fight plans form most programmes on sale?

3) Trying (badly) to use an old Saitek X52. Not working very well! What should I replace it with?

(By the way, my system is an Apple iMac)

Many thanks for any advice and kind wishes to all!

Jim

Hi Jim,

1.) as a registered user you will be notified when an update occurs.

2.) I am not an expert on importing/exporting flight plans - and I always mix up the file format letters, its .fpl or .flp - someone else with more knowledge on this will hopefully step in and give you advice.

3.) Not sure what kind of hardware works on Apple iMac, my advice would be to get a real computer! :lol: (Seriously I think the X52 should work fine for X-Plane)...

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

Hi Jan,

Yes I know what you mean about a real computer!!! Was forced to an Apple for work needs, and still miss my old PC!!

My X52 joystick is so old it doesn't seem to hold calibration in XPlane, so I think I'll need to replace it.

I know it's working in Apple, just not very well due to its age. Just wondered would I replace with the same again, or does anyone know of something better?

Also, would still like some advice from members on a good flight planner that will do old style NAV, like VORs and NDBs etc where I can construct my own routes.

Many thanks again and kind wishes!

Jim

2. you can use tools like http://www.skyvector.com, enter your origin and destination airport, then build up your own routes using VORs or whatever you like. is this what you are trying to do?

3. any standard -usb- yoke, joystick, pedals you like will work on imac as well. but if you want to connect some "professional" hardware that requires custom software it may not be available for osx, since pcs is what counts for pro powerfull setups.

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling

Hi mmerelles,

Many thanks.

Good call on Skyvector, thank you so much, this is also a new discovery for me!

I'll get shopping for a USB Yoke, I don't want to become too ambitious................yet!

Thanks once again, this is a great community, I'm very grateful,

very kind wishes

Jim