Take Command! Saab 340A v1.5.1 Update Released!

Cameron

On 8/3/2019 at 12:01 PM, Chase911 said:

Something i do with this AC is to load it twice each time before i fly. Yes it's time consuming but the first load authorized the plane. This sometimes breaks systems. Like sometimes the hydro stays on. Or the nav radios won't work properly. the way i fix all these little problems is to just load then quit XP and load again from scratch. The second load never brings up the white box and all systems always work properly then. So it's just my routine with this AC. An extra 3 minutes.  But it's worth it lol.

Dave

I think I'm going to start doing this as well.  I've had a couple instances under XP v11.34 where I've gotten the white Gizmo popup, and then sometime after, both engines quit.  Last time was during a VATSIM event......LOL.......so I just disconnected.

Small price to pay for a fun aircraft though.  I know V2 is a looooong way away, so hopefully this last update will hold us over.  It sounds very promising.

• Like 1

The white window sometimes comes up when I use Heading Slave or Trim.

1 hour ago, Chase911 said:

Rofl. 

Yeah. Might be best to just reload the aircraft on the ground using these quicker methods than i was using until we can get to the bottom of it.

Dave

I succesfully landed on a field near Dresden and got messages that I was attempting to move the plane with chocks in place. It was hilarious, should have taken a screenshot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dima436393 said:

Hello. There is a problem of collaboration between Saab 340 1.5.1 and the Better Pushback plugin. The plugin cannot correctly execute the towing plan during turns. Is there any way to solve this problem?

For me, this has always been a problem.  The only fix would be to go to the Better PB and request he fix the issue. I no longer use it. I use either XP PB or more often, i use the Map and turn the aircraft sideways at the gate so i can just power out.

Dave

16 hours ago, Chase911 said:

For me, this has always been a problem.  The only fix would be to go to the Better PB and request he fix the issue. I no longer use it. I use either XP PB or more often, i use the Map and turn the aircraft sideways at the gate so i can just power out.

Dave

Thank!

On 8/10/2019 at 10:41 AM, Chase911 said:

Dave

Yeah, in most all SAAB 340 operations, the aircraft is rarely at a gate where it needs to be pushed back.  When they flew regularly as commuter aircraft in the United States, most large airports had one or more terminals that were set up for boarding from ground level.  In other words, the aircraft was parked sideways usually, and you, as a passenger, would just walk out a door on to the ramp, walk to the aircraft, and board.

Take note of the 5m20s mark in the vido.....LOL.  We need this modeled in V2.

Also, take note of the white gloves in the cockpit, for increased visibility to the ground crew.

Edited by Tim013
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 11:17 AM, Tim013 said:

Yeah, in most all SAAB 340 operations, the aircraft is rarely at a gate where it needs to be pushed back.  When they flew regularly as commuter aircraft in the United States, most large airports had one or more terminals that were set up for boarding from ground level.  In other words, the aircraft was parked sideways usually, and you, as a passenger, would just walk out a door on to the ramp, walk to the aircraft, and board.

Take note of the 5m20s mark in the vido.....LOL.  We need this modeled in V2.

Also, take note of the white gloves in the cockpit, for increased visibility to the ground crew.

That video is awesome, the LES (or whoever it was) guys really got the sounds right.

I noticed they fire up the right engine first? Thats the side the GPU is on?

I thought you were supposed to start the left engine first, and then disconnect the GPU so those guys didnt get prop blasted on the right side?

Edited by canox

On 8/5/2019 at 11:52 PM, Tim013 said:

I think I'm going to start doing this as well.  I've had a couple instances under XP v11.34 where I've gotten the white Gizmo popup, and then sometime after, both engines quit.  Last time was during a VATSIM event......LOL.......so I just disconnected.

Small price to pay for a fun aircraft though.  I know V2 is a looooong way away, so hopefully this last update will hold us over.  It sounds very promising.

By "white Gizmo popup" I assume you mean the license window?

Eg:

white popup.PNG

It puzzles me that a bug of this sort exists as the entire Lua Virtual Machine is reset frequently (aircraft reload, license refresh events, etc) to ensure systems integrity.

The only real ties to X-Plane should be the OBJ8 animation datarefs that the aircraft model and manipulators rely on, the rest of the Lua systems code can be reloaded entirely by using the Gizmo reboot button. (Which the license system does for you anyway after a refresh..)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gercho1465 said:

There are two errors in the logs that suggest there are missing files in your installation, namely "...resources/files/S340Adate.txt" and ".../resources/PLII/files/PLII_WDGT.txt".  Please verify that you have those files and, if not, perhaps try re-installing the aircraft.

Edited by JGregory

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic