Take Command! Saab 340A v1.5.1 Update Released!

Cameron

Hey, I'm considering buying the Saab340A. Did I understand correctly, that development will continue, and there are several updates and bugfixes envisioned, which will be free of charge? Yes, I know, not timeline as of now. But I love the TBM, so I have faith in you guys!
[mention=196]Cameron[/mention]

There will be one more update free of charge to address bugs and add a few more items. Barring any bugs caused by X-Plane 11 going forward, the next update will be considered the last prior to 2.0. We don't anticipate that release till likely sometime later in 2020.

In short, it is safe to purchase now. All customers who purchase the current Saab will also receive a heavily discounted 2.0 update.
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, N1K said:

Re-animate every switch :huh:
Sounds like more than 1.5.2 is coming

Adding to what Cameron said, there are also many new datarefs coupled with new code. 
So, essentially, this next update is considered a "bridge" to 2.0.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Chase911 said:

Confirm with a dev first. But i believe you can simply use plane maker to add the icao if not there already.

Dave

That's what I did now, but I don't like editing files of add-ons. The Zibo e.g. stops working correctly if you edit its files.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ch.Cole said:

Could you please add ICAO=SF34 to the acf-file, so my lua-scripts can ID the plane.

You don't need the ICAO to make a FWL-script aircraft dependent, as you can use the .acf name instead:

Just use

if AIRCRAFT_FILENAME == "name_of_acf.acf"

Instead of

if PLANE_ICAO ==  "ABCD"

This also helps when you want to restrict a script to one addon if you have more than one variant of a plane which share a common ICAO code (e.g. several C172 addons).

Edited by mgeiss
  • Like 1

Knowing all the weights numbers instead of just what Xplane gives you. I mean its easy to get with a bit of math and what not, Im just being greedy. A lot of other payware planes have their own W&B menu for fueling, passengers, ect ect.  

I do enjoy this plane,  it is definitely more to fly than the other commercial craft I have. I will be paying for the V2 regardless, I just hope its as frame friendly as this one. 

1 hour ago, Jucebox85 said:

Knowing all the weights numbers instead of just what Xplane gives you. I mean its easy to get with a bit of math and what not, Im just being greedy. A lot of other payware planes have their own W&B menu for fueling, passengers, ect ect.   

I use this plugin ( iGoConnect ). You need an ipad though. 

At the ios store it costs a few dollars. But it's a one time fee. The App is awesone!. It takes care of all the W&B for you and even will calculate the CG and..  the CG will change as you fly due to Fuel burn. Really cool ad on.

Dave

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/26543-igoconnect/

Edited by Chase911
  • Upvote 1

The plane is fantastic. even if i dont understand how it works sometimes, or if the hydraulic pump goes on permanently.

I would like to see some strings changed so that in the plane menu it does not say "Passenger Variant" but Saab 340A Passenger Variant

I would also like to see something done about the cockpit glass. A lot of people don't buy the plane because the instruments are very hard to see behind the grey. The windscreen reflection is also a big problem at night, once you lift you head a little.

A few sound effects are a little underwhelming, like the ladder extension.

Otherwise I am not gonna put down this plane anytime soon. It actually saves me a lot of money because I don't feel the need to buy new planes all the time.

EDIT: Also is it correct that the Saab has no sound in replay mode? Or is this something on my end??

Edited by Burning Bridges

18 hours ago, Burning Bridges said:

hydraulic pump goes on permanently.

Something i do with this AC is to load it twice each time before i fly. Yes it's time consuming but the first load authorized the plane. This sometimes breaks systems. Like sometimes the hydro stays on. Or the nav radios won't work properly. the way i fix all these little problems is to just load then quit XP and load again from scratch. The second load never brings up the white box and all systems always work properly then. So it's just my routine with this AC. An extra 3 minutes.  But it's worth it lol.

Dave

Something i do with this AC is to load it twice each time before i fly. Yes it's time consuming but the first load authorized the plane. This sometimes breaks systems. Like sometimes the hydro stays on. Or the nav radios won't work properly. the way i fix all these little problems is to just load then quit XP and load again from scratch. The second load never brings up the white box and all systems always work properly then. So it's just my routine with this AC. An extra 3 minutes.  But it's worth it lol.

Dave

Which white box is that? Also, after authorization the entire Gizmo system from which the Saab runs is rebooted. It's effectively the same as restarting the sim.

Is there a hydraulic issue you really have consistently? Or, is the poster just talking about the intermittent, though persistent, sound of the hydraulics as you fly?

10 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Which white box is that?

Good morning Cameron.  Thanks for the reply. The white box i believe is the gizmo. You'll see code and some sort of wording about authorizing the AC. If this box does not disappear on it's own, then there is a greater chance something will be off. But when the box does disappear on it's own, then things are normally ok. These little problems are sporadic.

The hydro, like the other post says, will stay on. Even on auto, it gets stuck.

The nav radio's.  Same thing. Sometimes the freq won't be displayed on the glareshield.  When this happens nav 1 will not work. But you don't always notice it's not working until after you've done all the start up checks. Sl

These issues are random.  So even if the gizmo box stays on screen, sometimes everything is okay.  But in more than half of the instances there will be an issue somewhere.

So my fix is to just load twice. Never had a problem that way.

However i can test for you.  So i can add gpu power first. Then if the hydro stays on what files would you like me to send you?.

Dave

Thanks @Chase911

I almost always restart X-Plane before a flight but sometimes I don't. I might have switched location or something sometimes.

And I also thought it could have something to do with reinitiating the plane mid flight or even alt-tabbing (I have only 1 screen right now)

It's not a biggy. I can switch off the damn pump manually and if it does not help, could try to make the sound file quieter. I just thought there is a logical explanation why it sometimes won't shut off even after many minutes continuous operation.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic