Take Command! Saab 340A v1.5.1 Update Released!

Cameron

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 10:22 PM, tADEUS73 said:

Hi guys!

That's me again. As we now know there will be a 1.5.2 patch before 2.0 comes in the future I would like to report all the bugs I can in the hope they will make it into the patch! :D

So here comes another one. There is a smear-like shining path that the wipers leave when they operate. Is it supposed to look like it looks? I know some of my custom planes have minor graphical errors after the particle updates that kind of looked similar with those sharp edges. If it's not a bug but a feature, then sorry for wasting your time :)

LES_Saab_340A_26.jpg

Well it looks like there isn't much movement in this forum section lately, so I can as well say, what I did find out on those smears. It seems like a lot of ppl don't have this problem... because they use the Visual Enhancement Mod for the Saab (the one with the little tables) and it removes the reflection/glass material of the windows altogether, so there are no smears because there is nothing there to have smears on :D They just fly without windows altogether and don't even notice that the plugin did that (basing on observation of youtubers:>).

If you have the glass/the reflective layer, then the wiper seems to simply delete it partially when it swipes.

Edited by tADEUS73

5 hours ago, tADEUS73 said:

Well it looks like there isn't much movement in this forum section lately, so I can as well say, what I did find out on those smears. It seems like a lot of ppl don't have this problem... because they use the Visual Enhancement Mod for the Saab (the one with the little tables) and it removes the reflection/glass material of the windows altogether, so there are no smears because there is nothing there to have smears on :D They just fly without windows altogether and don't even notice that the plugin did that (basing on observation of youtubers:>).

If you have the glass/the reflective layer, then the wiper seems to simply delete it partially when it swipes.

We cannot recreate this problem.  I have no idea what the "Visual Enhancement Mod" is, never head of it.  

What are your frame rates ?

44 minutes ago, JGregory said:

We cannot recreate this problem.  I have no idea what the "Visual Enhancement Mod" is, never head of it.  

The windshield glass smear affects were introduced at the last update. The same update which altered the bank angle.  It's a guess but i would guess maybe a pbr glass was added for a reflection appearance or something.  i have no idea. I don't use that add on you guys are talking about. I just don't use the wipers anymore. I'm guessing the next update will have a fix for the glass.

5 hours ago, JGregory said:

Hi, 

Thanks for checking it on your side. My fps is around 40 average on the ground and 25-35 in the air depending on weather mostly. 

Interesting. I wonder why it only displays for some users. It's both in the passenger and cargo versions so I guess it's not some damaged file as they each have their files. Taking away the "glass" does fix it apparently, but I guess I prefer to have glass and not use the wipers ;)

I thought The license updates automatically every few days or so. Yesterday i flew her and i saw the pop up console screen displayed upon loading the plane. So it looks like it validates. I haven't tried the wipers in a while. Is there a manual method to enter in my email and pw for this plane?. I'll give that a try.

Dave

It does automatically update, but, IIRC, whenever you install an update or a new product, it asks to validate the license.  Otherwise, IIRC (again), it asks for a validation every 6 months.
I'll try some things on my end to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Also, if the Saab is running fine, with all systems working, you have a validated license.

4 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

It does automatically update, but, IIRC, whenever you install an update or a new product, it asks to validate the license.  Otherwise, IIRC (again), it asks for a validation every 6 months.
I'll try some things on my end to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Also, if the Saab is running fine, with all systems working, you have a validated license.

Yes except for the aforementioned items, everything is working well. So i know the license is valid. I really think it has to do with the glass reflective properties.  i can still see a constant red tint only in one area, on the left side window at about eye level. I guess this is an attempt to illustrate a reflection of a system light or cockpit interior light. But it's very in your face. It's never been braught up. But i think what ever you guys did to allow this red reflection on the left side window at like your 10 oclock is the same thing which causes the wiper issue. I hope you get rid of the red tint area.

Dave

20 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

I can get rid of the red reflection (which is the red binder), but then the glass would have no reflection at all.

A lot of add ons have the option to turn on or off reflections. Whether it be instrument or windshield reflections. I personally fly without reflections on when that option is available . But that is an individual based option. So maybe you could make it an option in the next update?. At least i now know it's the red binder causing the reflection. Lol it was not obvious for me. I would rather just turn them off and have instrument reflections on.

Dave

I did some tests.

Updated my X-aviation license > It did update, but no effect on the plane. Seems like it was up-to-date before. 

I did disable Gizmo > It did show a similar effect to the smears (and some rain drops) but most other systems in the plane didn't work. I did enable it again. Back to the thing I had before, everything in the plane works but I still have smears.

I did reboot the scripts through Gizmo > No effect.

Seems hopeless :D

10 minutes ago, tADEUS73 said:

I did some tests.

Updated my X-aviation license > It did update, but no effect on the plane. Seems like it was up-to-date before. 

I did disable Gizmo > It did show a similar effect to the smears (and some rain drops) but most other systems in the plane didn't work. I did enable it again. Back to the thing I had before, everything in the plane works but I still have smears.

I did reboot the scripts through Gizmo > No effect.

Seems hopeless :D

I was able to recreate this and we are looking into it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2019 at 1:19 AM, Ben Russell said:

Some time between now and the heat death of the universe. 

I don't believe the second modifier is accurate.  Some where in the vast universe, there will still be a life form, that thrives in temperatures near absolute zero, still waiting for the 1.5.2 patch.

Alternate theory:  "heat death of the universe" means we will get the update when hell freezes over.

Tim

Edited by Tim013
  • Like 1

We're working on it.  Still a few things to take care of.  All moveable parts in the cockpit have been re-animated with new datarefs.  Some code still needs to be fixed.  Have to run a few tests and check lighting.  We're getting there.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I would second a motion by a previous poster to have the option to turn on or off internal reflections. A second option is to tone down the reflections.  I find the reflections a bit too strong. I am a new user of LES SAAB 340A after just having recently purchasing it. I have to admit that I have not tried flying it yet as I go up the learning curve on this aircraft. Concerning the smear on the windshield, I have seen it before too when it was first installed. Since then, I haven't noticed it. I have version 1.5.1 on X-Plane 11.35. Thanks and I look forward to flying the SAAB.

Closer by the day.  I have to re-animate every switch, lever, guard, button, door, and also re-work almost all the manipulators.  Most of the animations are done, but some things are still not working and we're trying to get those issues fixed.  

• Like 1

Re-animate every switch :huh:
Sounds like more than 1.5.2 is coming

In this instance not so much. Unfortunately, in order to use the newer versions of Blender all animations must be re-done. They don't carry over from older versions that the Saab used.

Long term outlook it's necessary though!

Hey, I'm considering buying the Saab340A. Did I understand correctly, that development will continue, and there are several updates and bugfixes envisioned, which will be free of charge? Yes, I know, not timeline as of now. But I love the TBM, so I have faith in you guys!

@Cameron

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic