Take Command! Saab 340A v1.5.1 Update Released!

Cameron

6 hours ago, dima436393 said:

There is nothing obvious in the log files that indicate why you are having a problem.  However, you do have a lot of plugins installed.  I would follow the usual test procedures of removing all your plugins (except Gizmo) and then test the Saab and see if the problem persists.  If the problem resolves, add back the plugins one at a time and hopefully you can determine which one is causing this issue.  Note that just "disabling" plugins is not the same as removing them.  

7 hours ago, JGregory said:

There is nothing obvious in the log files that indicate why you are having a problem.  However, you do have a lot of plugins installed.  I would follow the usual test procedures of removing all your plugins (except Gizmo) and then test the Saab and see if the problem persists.  If the problem resolves, add back the plugins one at a time and hopefully you can determine which one is causing this issue.  Note that just "disabling" plugins is not the same as removing them.  

Thanks, I'll do it

• 1 month later...

Good day. Another problem with the Saab 340 v1.5.1. When you move the  condition lever(s) to the unbeater position  there is a temporary overtemperature. This is an abnormal situation. It happens all the time. How to solve this problem? (Please watch the video). I think this is a bug of this version.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

This is a side affect of the new engine modeling that Austin introduced in the sim recently.  Due to the complexity of the customized Saab engine code, trying to "fix" this would be very time consuming and most likely introduce a cascade of other issues.  In addition, since the condition is momentary/temporary, it is not categorized as a"high priority" bug.  I appreciate that the is not "normal" engine behavior,  but messing with the engine code at this point could easily make it much worse.

We will be addressing this in Saab v2.0.

Edited by JGregory

3 hours ago, JGregory said:

This is a side affect of the new engine modeling that Austin introduced in the sim recently.  Due to the complexity of the customized Saab engine code, trying to "fix" this would be very time consuming and most likely introduce a cascade of other issues.  In addition, since the condition is momentary/temporary, it is not categorized as a"high priority" bug.  I appreciate that the is not "normal" engine behavior,  but messing with the engine code at this point could easily make it much worse.

We will be addressing this in Saab v2.0.

Thank you very much! Waiting for version 2.0. This is a wonderful aircraft!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

That's me again. As we now know there will be a 1.5.2 patch before 2.0 comes in the future I would like to report all the bugs I can in the hope they will make it into the patch! :D

So here comes another one. There is a smear-like shining path that the wipers leave when they operate. Is it supposed to look like it looks? I know some of my custom planes have minor graphical errors after the particle updates that kind of looked similar with those sharp edges. If it's not a bug but a feature, then sorry for wasting your time :)

LES_Saab_340A_26.jpg

Edited by tADEUS73

37 minutes ago, tADEUS73 said:

smear-like shining path that the wipers leave when they operate

Same thing on my end. 

Why did you guys offer 40% off on this version of the AC, when your going to release a Payware version 2.0 soonish? Won't that upset someone who just purchases the plane to find out they will need to again purchase the same plane to have the updated graphic design?...  I don't know. That's not my problem. Just something I thought about. Maybe a discount for those who purchase now with the 40% off coupon, to get the version 2.0 at the price we will have to pay.  That might take the sting out of it..  

I'm looking forward to 2.0 by the way.  Will be getting it right away. Do you have an eta on that release?

Thanks. 

Dave. 

Same thing on my end. 
Why did you guys offer 40% off on this version of the AC, when your going to release a Payware version 2.0 soonish? Won't that upset someone who just purchases the plane to find out they will need to again purchase the same plane to have the updated graphic design?...  I don't know. That's not my problem. Just something I thought about. Maybe a discount for those who purchase now with the 40% off coupon, to get the version 2.0 at the price we will have to pay.  That might take the sting out of it..  
I'm looking forward to 2.0 by the way.  Will be getting it right away. Do you have an eta on that release?
Thanks. 
Dave. 

I don't understand your point here. If we charge for an update people will get a significant discount on 2.0, so combined with the 40% discount now it's pretty much a win-win.

We have no idea when a 2.0 will even come. It's a concept and not even something in testing right now. No one is about to get screwed here.

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

I don't understand your point here. If we charge for an update people will get a significant discount on 2.0, so combined with the 40% discount now it's pretty much a win-win.

We have no idea when a 2.0 will even come. It's a concept and not even something in testing right now. No one is about to get screwed here.

That's all i was saying. I was thinking 2.0 was right around the corner. I stand corrected. So it's a non issue.  and i agree. To compete with the other Dev is a good idea.

Dave.

56 minutes ago, tADEUS73 said:

Sorry it might have been me, who gave him the wrong idea :)

So... coming back to the windshield effect. Am I using low quality windshield washer fluid or can it be somehow fixed? :)

Not really sure why you're seeing that.  I'll load it up and see, then post back some time tonight or tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I wish! 
My wife is the only one who can get rough ETA's on stuff we do, and I can't even give her one yet.  

Can you have your wife provide an ETA on the bank limit fix? Lol.  j/k.. i know it's being worked on.

It's just frustrating with a workload while your being vectored for an approach and due to the bad turn rate you blow through the localizer every time. Then you have to go manual and turn back. I know it's on your todo list. I wish there was something we could do on our end to fix it.

Dave.

• Like 1

I actually wish 2.0 won't come too fast. My computer is pretty much at the edge of running the current Saab in an acceptable manner. As the new model is supposed to be more detailed I will probably buy it and then have to buy some better hardware right away :D

Edited by tADEUS73

Hi! Any info on the windshield smears? Maybe it's something on my side and I can fix it somehow? I would like to use the wipers, I love that they move so fast and loud and are totally stressing me out while landing, but the smears are too much :D

Edited by tADEUS73

On 2/25/2019 at 3:51 AM, Chase911 said:

Can you have your wife provide an ETA on the bank limit fix? Lol.  j/k.. i know it's being worked on.

It's just frustrating with a workload while your being vectored for an approach and due to the bad turn rate you blow through the localizer every time. Then you have to go manual and turn back. I know it's on your todo list. I wish there was something we could do on our end to fix it.

Dave.

Half bank is actually fixed.  We're getting all the engine issues fixed first before we push the update out.

4 minutes ago, tADEUS73 said:

Hi! Any info on the windshield smears? Maybe it's something on my side and I can fix it somehow? I would like to use the wipers, I love that they move so fast and loud and are totally stressing me out while landing, but the smears are too much :D

We haven't actually checked the glass yet.  I seriously doubt it's anything you can do to fix.  To me, it just looks like crossing mesh, but in any case, we'll find out what it is and, if it's something on our end, a fix will be in the next update.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tADEUS73 said:

You might want to remove any plugins that are drawing environment effects and see if that helps.

Hi, thanks for trying to help me :)

As far as I know I don't have any environmental ones. That's my plugin list (Flywithlua is from today, so it cannot be the cause):

Dreamengine is a native sound mod of the Embraer 110, the smart things are also from the Emb.

EDIT: For clarity added the plugin list that is active while flying the Saab and not another plane :D as well as the log.

plugins1.jpg

Log.txt

saab1.jpg

saab2.jpg

Edited by tADEUS73

25 minutes ago, tADEUS73 said:

Hi, thanks for trying to help me :)

As far as I know I don't have any environmental ones. That's my plugin list (Flywithlua is from today, so it cannot be the cause):

Dreamengine is a native sound mod of the Embraer 110, the smart things are also from the Emb.

EDIT: For clarity added the plugin list that is active while flying the Saab and not another plane :D as well as the log.

Due to the number of plugins that you have, I suggest you do the usual test as follows:

1. Remove all the plugins except for Gizmo.

2. Load the Saab and see if the problem still exists. 

3. Add the plugins back in one-by-one and re-load the Saab to see which plugin may be causing the issue.

Hi,

So I've tried it with plugins and without plugins and don't see any difference. It might be a faulty installation, but it's strange that Chase911 would have the same one. As I understand you can't reproduce it on your end?

Also, there are no touchdown sounds hearable from the interior and no flaps sounds. I guess the aircraft is large enough for the flaps themselves to not be audible, but it's the only aircraft I own that doesn't have any audible feedback for the flap lever. Is it like this in the real Saab? The touchdown/rolling sounds you can hear on the outside are rally cool. Or maybe it's my faulty installation striking again :)

Edited by tADEUS73

Some sounds are missing, like flap handle sounds, but keeping in mind this add on came out in late 2013, where FMOD was non existent in X-Plane.  

The actual flap extensions sounds are 100% not loud enough to hear in the cockpit.  Sometimes you may hear the hydraulic pump re-pressurizing when flaps or landing gear extend.  

All this will change in V2, when we add FMOD and authentic sounds throughout the aircraft.

We'll look into your issue a little more.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic