diamonddriller

Autopilot pop-up please

The Navomatic 400 is a bit of a strange beast, with small switches and its all important heading dial.  Not an easy thing to be looking down to, and fiddling with, in a sim.  Manageable in RW, because we can glance back to the six-pack easily.  Yes, I can make a num-pad keypress get me to a reasonable view of the 400, but I'm then not looking at the panel.  Well, you may say, once I've got the A/P on, I can afford to be looking away while I set things up - say, turn to an ATC given heading.  OK.  However, ideally, we should always be checking the AI, and altimeter (at least) to establish the A/P is functioning correctly.  In the sim, it probably will be, but it's still a bit awkward.  When I set things on the Garmin 430 or 530 (and even on Aerobask's stuff) I pop out the panel, as it's much easier to see what I'm doing, and physically easier to locate the correct part of a concentric knob setup - i.e. get the "curlies" working on the right bit.  Same for any buttons or switches.

So, a request for an autopilot pop-up - like Carenado or Aerobask (and others) have.  

I was thinking too...I don't know if there's any kind of "supporting" digital read out gauge that would show the heading degree that you currently have selected?  I don't want to venture too far from what was really in the aircraft though....or plausibility.  I know for now for absolute precision you could tick mark the "Autopilot Values" to show in cockpit under the Data Output settings, similarly to how you would show fps in cockpit, this shows a digital readout of your selected autopilot heading.

Edited by falcon1823