Socata TBM-900 Interior Previews!

Goran_M

Laying down carpet and rubber mats. Carpeted section in front of the Centre Pedestal hides the panel for the emergency gear extension handle.  Clicking on that will move that panel off to the side.  

TBM900_25.png

TBM900_26.png

TBM900_24.png

And the cockpit seats.

TBM900_18.png

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

So as you fine folks may already know, in our usual style of going completely overboard on the level of detail, a few weeks back I've implemented a custom VHF radio signal propagation model. This means, NAV radios (VOR, LOC, GS and DME) are all simulating things such as terrain masking, terrain diffraction, tropospheric scattering, etc. The underlying computational model is based on the NTIA Irregular Terrain Model (ITM), an industry-standard model used for things like radio tower planning. The simulation includes a built-in analytics display that allows you to check the terrain profile being used by the radio model (please note, the image below isn't hand-painted, it updates in real time as you fly):

TBM900_1.thumb.png.fe2eb8bb94347db964b8aa3ec206c3e3.png

What's recently new is that I re-implemented the ADF and standalone DME radios as well. So the entire radio complement in the TBM is as follows:

• Two VOR/LOC/DME radio.
  • One ADF radio
  • One standalone DME radio

That involved re-implementing all course deviation needles and the DME tuning pages on the PFD. All features of the real G1000 are simulated, even some of the more odd ones:

1. ADF, ANT, ADF/BFO and ANT/BFO reception modes. This is reflected in the audio ID portion, including the continuous tone you hear in BFO mode when no ADF signal is being received.
  2. All DME tuning modes simulated, so NAV1 slaved, NAV2 slaved and HOLD. Allows for flying the more bizarre approaches, such as NDB/DME.
  3. Intercom audio routing from the radios is properly implemented, so NAV1 & NAV2 buttons route the audio ID for the NAV1/2 VOR/LOC portion, the DME button routes the standalone DME radio audio (including 1250 Hz square-wave tone, instead of 1kHz sine wave) and the ADF radio routes the ADF radio audio (including proper tone & background noise behavior depending on reception mode).

TBM900_4.thumb.png.e4cad7ad1f9243f21e4dfd1816e2f19c.png

• Like 5

On 9/12/2018 at 9:22 PM, birdy.dma said:

PS: have i any chance to write a smartcopilot.cfg file for this bird?

I'm happy to assist others in writing one, but I don't plan on doing it myself. While I would consider shared-cockpit a core feature requirement for an airliner, the TBM is almost never flown multi-crew, so that puts the feature rather low on the priority list from a realism perspective. And a second reason is that the airplane runs tons of randomizing code that gives it the "organic" feel of every flight being different, every system responding a little different to inputs, etc. Replicating that between two nodes would be a major undertaking and I'm not really sure is even practically possible (at least to my requirement of stability & usability) by using smartcopilot's simple dataref syncing approach. I suspect it would take a much more integrated approach that would talk to the internals of the systems simulation directly.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, skiselkov said:

I'm happy to assist others in writing one, but I don't plan on doing it myself. While I would consider shared-cockpit a core feature requirement for an airliner, the TBM is almost never flown multi-crew, so that puts the feature rather low on the priority list from a realism perspective. And a second reason is that the airplane runs tons of randomizing code that gives it the "organic" feel of every flight being different, every system responding a little different to inputs, etc. Replicating that between two nodes would be a major undertaking and I'm not really sure is even practically possible (at least to my requirement of stability & usability) by using smartcopilot's simple dataref syncing approach. I suspect it would take a much more integrated approach that would talk to the internals of the systems simulation directly.

Good day,

Training is also the purpose of smartco. With newbies, I always start with the stock Cessna. Discovering and learning with a friend is always a pleasure.

Anyway, smartco hate randomized code, so, it’s a no go.

Don’t worry, I will be an early customer!

Have a nice WE.

Claude.