Sign in to follow this  
TechAttax

Able to see textures through model

Hi there, I have been able to see textures through the model of the aircraft when on the outside view.

I am using XPlane 11.25r2

Attached are some screenshots to better describe the issue.

B733_34.png

B733_36.png

B733_37.png

Edited by Morten

I think we had a similiar report a while ago...and I don´t quite remember what the solution was . Either an outdated graphic driver version or some third-party plugin changing X-Plane art controls (to change the appearance of the sky, for example...).

Anyone remember? For what it´s worth, "normally" this is not the case.

Cheers, Jan

Okay turns out that this has nothing to do with UWXP however the bug stops when I turn the "Draw vortices" option off.

Having this option off fixes everything; clouds drawing through aircraft, cockpit textures showing outside, engine cowling textures going through aircraft and AI aircraft being see-through.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TechAttax said:

Okay turns out that this has nothing to do with UWXP however the bug stops when I turn the "Draw vortices" option off.

Having this option off fixes everything; clouds drawing through aircraft, cockpit textures showing outside, engine cowling textures going through aircraft and AI aircraft being see-through.

Thanks

Hi, this may well be the case - the "draw vortices" was a GL hack that we tried - but while it seemed to work ok with XP10, there are problems with XP11...so we will most likely take the "draw vortices" option away in a future update.

Thanks for helping to troubleshoot this,

Jan

• Like 1