SkyMaxx Pro v4/Real Weather Connector and Pilot2ATC

surfcandy

I don't own Pilot2ATC so I don't know for sure, but Real Weather Connector works through the standard metar.rwx file that X-Plane uses for default weather. So I would think that Pilot2ATC would work with X-Plane as it would normally; both Pilot2ATC and Real Weather Connector / SkyMaxx Pro should be getting their weather data from the same source, so it should "just work" without any special configuration. We don't bypass any of X-Plane's built-in channels for reading weather data.

If it isn't, that's probably a question for the Pilot2ATC authors.

4 hours ago, sundog said:

Real Weather Connector works through the standard metar.rwx file

I can't find the metar.rwx file in X-Plane 11 that stores real time weather for Real Weather Connector. I don't think one is produced by Real Weather for real time flights that can be updated during a flight.

Pilot2ATC seems to say use NOAA then. So I'll be flying with Real Weather/SkyMaxx and NOAA. Seems like possible conflicts.

Edited by surfcandy

metar.rwx is in the top-level directory you installed X-Plane into, but it will only appear if you've selected real world weather in X-Plane.

I don't think you'll have any conflicts using NOAA weather. Lots of people use it with SkyMaxx Pro.