Loving SMP

Ant1matt3r

This product shines in VFR - long haul I have difficulties with, but only because I'm running a ton of plugins and setting my view distance to 100k can reduce my FPS - but boy, does it ever shine in VFR. Lower altitude flights look amazing. Just one question - what's next? Is this still being developed, and if so, what do you have brewing? I'm excited for SMP as I was a bit disappointed with other products. Thanks for the hard work, it shows - the towering storm clouds are awesome!

Glad you're enjoying it! We've been waiting for summer to come along so people could start enjoying our cumulonimbus and towering cumulus effects.

We do have a few performance enhancements and minor bug fixes queued up here for the next release of SMP. The main thing we're waiting on is for Laminar to make some fixes to how VR works with 3D plugins such as ours - we'd like our next update to be VR-ready, but we're dependent on some changes in X-Plane itself before we can do that.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I would have to concur that after a couple of months using SMP w/RWC, I see a noticeable difference in my visuals.  I admit that I currently use ASXP with it, but I might just go ahead and purchase FSGRW as an alternative, since Cameron shed some light on how well SMP/RWC/FSGRW work together.  I have yet to upgrade to the latest build of SMP, but I suspect it'll be the perfect polishing to a great weather add-on.  A thank you goes out to the team at Sundog for continuing with great success.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also have to agree that SMP is one of my most used addons, I have tried all the others but always come back to SMP...Running the latest version with RWC & FSGRW along with XPVision I feel this gives me a sim experiance that looks stunning, I always sim using real weather as that's how I feel it should be, each throwing up a different challenge.....I really get a sense of flying through clouds and seeing that early morning mist you can sometimes get....for me FPS has improved but still get a slow down with Carenado but that's probably more their product than yours.....attached pic is this mornings flight at 6000ft over UK heading east......been a user since SMP3 and have really been impressed with how this addon has developed, please keep up the great work and a thank you to the developers on making my sim experiance a more immersive one....

JF_Socata_TB10+TB20 - 2019-08-02 07.56.55.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1