Comments on the Flight Tutorial

andreasxb

Not really a request for support, but I want to remark on a few things that came up in the tutorial flight that might be useful for improving the tutorial. Actually it's been a few weeks since I bought this and did the tutorial flight, I hope I remember everything.

1. Configuring the CTOT wasn't mentioned, I guess in an earlier version it was already set to 108% in cold&dark.
  2. Similarly the nosewheel steering wasn't mentioned.
  3. page 11, Takeoff says to advance power levers with armed CTOT and leave it once CTOT takes over. Together with the later deactivation of CTOT and not moving the power lever, this implies that climb power is always 64%. This should be explicit if correct. On the other hand, I've seen a video where real world pilots first set climb power (presumably) and then activate CTOT for takeoff power.
  4. Same page, "engage the Autopilot, located on the center console." That switch isn't so obvious, the description should be better or there should be a picture.
  5. page 12, turning off CTOT. I have seen it described as turning down the CTOT selector to its lowest setting and only then switching it off. That should probably be mentioned as a smoother method of turning off CTOT.
  6. page 15, climbing and power. "Continue your climb to 21,000 feet adjusting power as you climb" but it doesn't say to what end power should be adjusted. Possibly to maintain constant climb rate, but can it maintain the same climb all throughout from ground to cruise?
  7. "If you find yourself climbing too slowly" but what exactly is too slowly for a turboprop? The lack of an explicit vertical profile is a general problem in the tutorial, nowhere does it say which altitude you are expected to be at at different stages.
  8. page 18, Descent says to descend at 1300 fpm to 3000 feet. So power levers left in cruise power? Reading would suggest that since "disengage the friction locks" only comes later. Should be explicit since it feels unusual. (Also again the lack of a vertical profile.)
  9. Also how to set the autopilot to a 1300 fpm descent isn't described and the knobs aren't obvious or intuitive (unless you have flown other planes with similar autopilot controls).
  10. page 20, turning off yaw damper for landing. Nowhere in the documentation, tutorial or otherwise, is the location of the yaw damper switch described. I figured it's next to the autopilot switch, but was it the left or the right one...
  11. Disconnecting the autopilot at 50 ft AGL seems rather late for clear day visual conditions.
  • Upvote 1