No clouds, Error initializing SilverLining: 1

Dscho

There seems to be some permission issues on your hard drive or the X-Plane folders at least.

Several spots in your log point in that direction, including this one:

TerraMaxx failed to write configuration settings. Do you have permissions to write files in the plugins folder?

TerraMaxx failed to write configuration settings. Do you have permissions to write files in the plugins folder?

You may want to double check your read and write permissions on this drive.

Hi Sundog & Cameron,

Phfff ... problem solved ! It was/is extremely weird and puzzling: Speech2Go Voice package is the culprit. In order to enrich ATC voices a bit, i installed some ivona voices and with them Speech2Go.  If i select one of the ivona voices as default voice for Windows 7, the problem arises under some particular conditions which i am not aware of. As soon as i select a non ivona voice i.e "Microsoft Anna" the problem disappears.

It looks like Speech2Go changes the working directory of the X-Plane process to "Program Files (x68)/Speech2Go voice package/x64" and each access to files from X-Plane with a relative ( to X-plane working directory) path is diverted to this location. And of course, there are no files needed by SkyMaxx.

This was it, thanks for your endeavour and sorry for wasting your time :)

Dscho

• Like 1