Sign in to follow this  
teeloo

Roadmap in general

Hi IXEG hero’s!

First let me say, you guys are still my hero’s when it comes to the best XP add on and in fact IMHO not only XP but you guys rock more than PMDG and others. 

I come to that conclusion after being MSFS user from when Chicago to me was a green city with white skeleton buildings. And my MSFS high-time with PMDG (74 and 73).

So that is about 28 years long. I did and do have my frequent break-from-PC-simming periods just to return and reevaluate what is useful and what not. Some addons are skipped, new ones purchased etc.

Fed up with MS (in general) I tried XP (X-Plane!). Like a good Apple fan, the different approach towards modeling was appealing and the best feature ever (terrain following runways) made me a solid XP fan.

Same goes for the IXEG approach. Love it.

Having said that, I am a big big fan of Hardy’s PSX (Aerowinx) 747 Sim but that is a bit of a different world. My main focus on simming is flying procedures (STARS SIDS and Approaches) not so much the full flight stuff. For me PSX is a procedural trainer.

However when I want to do a quick familiarization of an airport procedure wise and surroundings (terrain obstacles), I fire up XP and IXEG, because of the ease of both. XP’s wonderful (default) scenery and terrain and IXEG ease to fly procedures and do some realistic follow on hand flying to browse the neighborhood.

Now, secondly:

Feature requests... we customers always want more from developers like IXEG. So we need to be patient and frankly enjoy what we already have!

Having said that, the FMS of IXEG gives me some drawback compared to a full fledged FMS (HOLDS and more!!). Instead of asking pretty-please-please, I wonder if you guys have a roadmap of some sort. Frankly if it is too unclear what gets priorty, fine by me, just wondering if you guys have some sort of releasable roadmap.

Thx

T

Edited by teeloo

We do not have a releasable roadmap.

The next best thing would be the always updated topic that states what is not in version 1.x from Jan.

Fair enough!! Thx

I kind of didn’t check this (pinned) post first. 

Edited by teeloo
  • Like 1