Sign in to follow this  
Tim013

Exterior view and sound issue for me in version 1.9

When I switch to an exterior view, my sound levels get changed.  Either the 'exterior sound' or the 'interior sound' slider goes to maximum.  Seems random which one blows out to max.  I then have to go into the X-Plane sound settings and reset them to my preferred level.  The next time I go to an exterior view, one of the sounds maxes out again.

Tim

Glad it's not just me.  I've noticed too that sometimes one goes to full max sound, and the other stays as is, and other times one goes to full minimum, while the other one goes to full maximum.  I'm being intentionally vague here without identifying whether it's happening with the exterior or the interior sound slider, because it's randomly happening to both.  There is no trend. 

Unfortunately, this is a no go for me, and she's going back into the hangar for now.  It's too irritating to have to keep going into the main sound menu and fix this everytime you look at an exterior view.

Tim

I'll look into it...I know what you're talking about.   I saw an issue with my X-Plane 11.20 whereby going from inside view to outside view had NO change on the sounds.  The exterior and interior sliders were always low.....and so I hard coded in the change, BUT tried to honor any slider settings.   I might be having sound issues on my platform that others don't, making me implement corrections to problems others don't have.   I'll dig back into this and look at it again.

-tkyler

I think I have a sound issue...the following settings...yield the EXACT same sounds and volume levels for me inside and outside the aircraft.  Anybody else seeing that?  I might need to test this on another machine; however, I'm going to remove the code I added to adjust the sliders and that might fix it for everybody else.

-tkyler

image.png

Seems I remember Jeff Favignano mentioning that the sounds were the same inside and outside....and lamented the lack of FMOD sounds in the Moo.   The Moo will be getting FMOD sounds....but I'm not sure whats going on with the current openAL implementation.  Looks like the default King Air has the same behavior.

SOOO....I'll remove the code that adjusts the sliders....and live with what we have till I get new sounds in for V2.0

Edited by tkyler

I messed around with the sound settings, and also tried the setting you posted, but still get the same behavior.

I spoke too soon.  I can't park v1.9 in the hangar.....LOL.  It's too much fun to fly, and is  my favorite non-airliner prop.  For now, I'm just turning the master volume down.

The MU2 is a beast to slow down.  You certainly have the inside scoop on how the real one flies, but I wish there was just a bit more drag at lower power settings.  Is it really that slick, and hard to slow down, even in level flight?

There's a real satisfaction though, in getting it configured for landing, staying within published limits for gear, flaps, and even landing lights extension, and bring it in, over the fence at 110-105kts, and then greasing it on.  Loads of fun for sure.

Thanks for the continued work on it.

Tim