Cameron

Mitsubishi MU-2 Version 1.9 Update Released!

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.9 update for the Mitsubishi MU-2B-60. All customers who have purchased the Mitsubishi MU-2B-60 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Mitsubishi MU-2B-60 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.9 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Simply login to your account and re-download your original order.

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

Please note this update is for X-Plane 11 only. X-Plane 10 is not supported.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Changes/Fixes:

• Propellor start locks simulation.

• More accurate start sequence and EGTs during start

• Unfeather pumps implemented

• Fuel Purge feature during engine shutdown using RCS switches.

• More accurate fuel governor / overspeed governor

• Accurate power lever range vs actual power, yields low thrust at ground idle

• Actual beta angle control of prop pitch via the power levers in Beta region

• Negative Torque Sensor / feather valve simulation implemented.

• Cleaned up night cockpit lighting texture to eliminate "blurred text" in several areas

• Fixed transponder ident function for Pilot Edge® network users. Was not working before.

• New volumetric propellors in side view.

• Small tweaks to the PBR textures for reflections.

• New preferences window

• to set default VFR code for the GTX330.

• to set joystick preferences for power lever usage.

• Updated POH

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings. 

• Like 3

Nice.  Looking forward to spending some time in this.  

As my throttle quadrant won't throw the throttles into reverse, do you suggest disabling it and using the mouse?  Or have you had success using a throttle quadrant and a buttoned assigned to reverse?  Also needed for prop lock function. My default throttles (CH) are making 1.9 do funny things.  Any suggestions appreciated.

you can do either using the new preference window.  You can assign a button to reverse (and use the split throttle mode preference)....or you can use  the realistic throttle mode preference to have your joystick throttles throw the throttles into reverse.

After you select a preference and close the preference window, just wiggles the throttle levers back in forth to see how it acts on the throttle quadrant

-tkyler 

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tkyler said:

you can do either using the new preference window.  You can assign a button to reverse (and use the split throttle mode preference)....or you can use  the realistic throttle mode preference to have your joystick throttles throw the throttles into reverse.

After you select a preference and close the preference window, just wiggles the throttle levers back in forth to see how it acts on the throttle quadrant

-tkyler 

Very nice.

Looking forward to getting back in the air, Just a small note of confusion, you have 2 sets of docs in the new download! The problem is the first one I opened (MU2 Docs) contained the old pilots manual. its only when I hunted around I found the new one in a separate docs folder.. It might be worth taking the old one out and putting the new one in with the other docs so as not to confuse new comers to this update.

Cheers Rob

13 minutes ago, Tassierob said:

Looking forward to getting back in the air, Just a small note of confusion, you have 2 sets of docs in the new download! The problem is the first one I opened (MU2 Docs) contained the old pilots manual. its only when I hunted around I found the new one in a separate docs folder.. It might be worth taking the old one out and putting the new one in with the other docs so as not to confuse new comers to this update.

Cheers Rob

Wrong. There is only one set of docs. If you have two it's because you installed over an old installation.

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Wrong. There is only one set of docs. If you have two it's because you installed over an old installation.

Fair enough. Still might cause some confusion for those updating from the old version. I assumed the installer would remove ALL the old files.

Great work anyway. thanks for all the time and effort you have put in.

Well, this was a very pleasant surprise!  I've got a 4 day weekend starting today.  This never works out this way for me.  My wife is just going to have to deal with it....LOL.

Tim

A bit unexpected.   I have a critical altitude set in PM to prevent power degradation below 25k.  I"ll investigation.

-tkyler

OK, I am seeing the same.

Looks like the critical altitude is not working as I'd expect.  I made a design decision  here by going with the flat rating in PM and letting the critical altitude account for the flat ratikng.  I might change that to the thermodynamic power, 1000 shp....which should give the reserves needed and let PMs FADEC implementation handle the flat rating particulars.  I"ll ping Austin on the the issue.  What i'm unsure here is if the flat rating is enforced in the fuel governor...or with "pilot attentivness"....i.e. don't firewall the throttle on takeoff and put 1000 SHP on the props.

-tkyler

• Like 1

So i'm in discussions with Austin atm about the behavior of the critical altitude.  something seems to be off.  Setting the critical altitude to 0....and firewalling the throttle at sea-level... only yields @352 HP / 45% torque.

There are some workarounds...but I'm wanting to get Austin's take on things first.

-tkyler

so yea...looks like something is amiss.  I'm sending the package to Austin for review at his request. 

-tkyler

Yeah.  I tried upping power to 1000.  Improved things a bit; 85% trq available at 15000ft.   But probably still not where you'd want it.

looks like its a linear interpolation equation on my end for the throttle...due to the way I handle the "split vs. realistic" preference.  Its a code only fix....so should be able to do a hotfix and get it out to everybody.  Austin gave me some insight into his algorithms so I should be able to clean it up.   I'll dig into this first thing in the morning local time.  THX for pointing it out Steve!

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler

Sure.  Don't know if it's related, but another user expressed concern re: fuel flow and oil temp.

xsMU2B60_19.png

He said speed looks good but fuel flow ought to be closer to 300.  And oil temp running a bit low.  Perhaps these will fall in line with the tweaked throttle logic.

-Steve

Edited by StevePHL

14 hours ago, tkyler said:

linear interpolation equation on my end for the throttle

I hope this will fix my throttle issues.  I have not been able to get it off the runway after many years of flying your previous versions.

Thanks,

John

@OT2 The throttle configuration and prop locks can result in that issue.  The adjustments to the throttle interp are probably unrelated.  I had similar troubles before I set the throttle to realistic and also when I had failed to properly disengage the prop locks.  Just a thought.  

Edited by StevePHL

Hey John,  sounds like the new prop lock feature got you.   Its more realistic and you have the take the props off the locks before taxiing or you'll go nowhere fast :)

I was wrong about the "linear interpolation".....the problem has been traced to my code fighting with Austin's code when a joystick is plugged in.  Austin implemented a setting in plane-maker that is not accessible via dataref...and the setting should have been a joystick configuration setting, not a plane-maker constant.  He acknowledged as much, but isn't ready to address it now.  I'll have to go a level deeper into adjusting my "fuel controller" to compensate, until such time as he affects the change in the sim.  Its a code-only change and will be available via hotfix.  I'm working on it presently.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 5

Thanks StevePHL and tkyler.  I have found that it is, in fact a failure to take the props off the locks.  I have studied and seem to have gotten them off as I am now flying (autopilot!).

That is not a straight forward procedure... at least in my understanding the manual.  I had to study lots of online stuff before doing what seems to be right.

Anyway, thanks for your help and I will work more with it and try to understand what I have done.

John

@OT2 It shouldn't be too bad once we get used to it, John.  I think it just boils down to starting the engines normally, then leaving the condition levers in taxi and bringing the throttles to full reverse for a moment to release the lock pins. Slightly trickier if you want to start the plane again after a shut down without prop lock engaged.