Cameron

Mitsubishi MU-2 Version 1.9 Update Released!

Looking great Tom! Just flew it a couple hours ago and in cruise time I was wandering all the advances X-Plane has +10 years later. Really looking forward those ones making it into the next version. (Maybe some new raising-the-bar ones?)

Cheers,
Jerry C.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Glad to see there is a new version in the pipeline!

With that said, will there be a patch to fix the power issue for the current 1.9?

Thanks,

Tim

I should think so Tim.      I want to test a few things in 11.30, which have some significant fixed-turbo engine changes....I'd hate to have a fix that works pre 11.30 and not for 11.30 also.  

TomK

On 10/2/2018 at 1:35 AM, Ben Russell said:

Probably worth noting that the Mu-2 has been on the market with free updates for about 10 years.

Good luck finding any other software with that kind of support.

This is whats absolutely mind bending to me!

Many thanks from a very happy customer. 

7 hours ago, tkyler said:

I should think so Tim.      I want to test a few things in 11.30, which have some significant fixed-turbo engine changes....I'd hate to have a fix that works pre 11.30 and not for 11.30 also.  

TomK

Good to hear.  I don't fly it as much right now because of this.

With that said, since you mentioned 11.30, I've flown it in 11.30b1, and noticed the %torque gauge needles are jumpy when you set the power.  Fore example, set the torque at 80% and the needle sits at 80%, then starts to randomly get jittery, and bounce around between 85% and 75%.  (NOTE:  I was flying with the mouse, so there was no throttle hardware hooked up at the time)

BTW, this will be a day one buy for me when you release v2.0......I'm loving the wip pictures you're posting!

Tim

Edited by Tim013

a little more modern, worthy of XP11 features

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 8.57.52 PM.png

Edited by tkyler
new screenshot
  • Like 5

the occasional proof that I haven't abandoned X-Plane or the Moo.

mu2_cabin-1.png

• Like 4

On 1/5/2019 at 2:51 AM, tkyler said:

the occasional proof that I haven't abandoned X-Plane or the Moo.

mu2_cabin-1.png

wonderful

I just purchased this plane a couple days ago, and I am enjoying the heck out of it. Tough to fly and got a lot to learn. Hopefully the new version will be amazing. I second the request for integration of more modern avionics, a classic vs modern option would be cool.

Hi Mirlo, I"m doing a bit of "multi-threading" at the moment, bouncing around between the Moo, the IXEG and NASA work.  That being said, I need some access to an MU2 to move forward with some more 3D and a owner about 1.5 hrs away have invited me to come see his, but I've been a bit busy preparing for SpX16 launch, which is in 2 weeks.  Things get VERY hectic in the 6-8 weeks preceding a launch.

BUT.....the good part.....I have NO more space missions on the calendar for 2019....and will be making arrnagments to meet this MU2 owner asap and get what I need and will then continue on with this guy.

It hasn't all been on pause though, duing my coding efforts for the IXEG, I have written a great deal of code that will also go in to the MU2, to bring it to a point of "serious systems simulation" like the IXEG.   I have been working on that nearly every day in the evenings....so we're moving right along and I am definitely ready for this SpaceX mission to end so I can really dig into this thing.

TomK

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/11/2019 at 12:19 PM, tkyler said:

Hi Mirlo, I"m doing a bit of "multi-threading" at the moment, bouncing around between the Moo, the IXEG and NASA work.  That being said, I need some access to an MU2 to move forward with some more 3D and a owner about 1.5 hrs away have invited me to come see his, but I've been a bit busy preparing for SpX16 launch, which is in 2 weeks.  Things get VERY hectic in the 6-8 weeks preceding a launch.

BUT.....the good part.....I have NO more space missions on the calendar for 2019....and will be making arrnagments to meet this MU2 owner asap and get what I need and will then continue on with this guy.

It hasn't all been on pause though, duing my coding efforts for the IXEG, I have written a great deal of code that will also go in to the MU2, to bring it to a point of "serious systems simulation" like the IXEG.   I have been working on that nearly every day in the evenings....so we're moving right along and I am definitely ready for this SpaceX mission to end so I can really dig into this thing. 

TomK

Incredible friend!! Great job!!! Thanks for all this!

Don't forget to add GTN750 and/or 650 support into the model.  This is becoming a must have feature for many x-plane users.  It is much simpler to do it as part of the build than it is for people to tack it on after.  

And just because it is not supported on Linux/Mac(dying platform/company) does not mean you should not add the support in.  They can use the aircraft without just fine, and they lose nothing over what they would get if you left it out.

3 hours ago, nixfu said:

And just because it is not supported on Linux/Mac(dying platform/company) does not mean you should not add the support in. 

We develop on Macs.

I'm not concerned about GTN support.  I'll take quality aircraft with any usable GPS unit (even some without GPS at all) any day.  GTN support is pretty far from a must have, at least in my opinion. The GTN doesn't even have updated AIRAC without a lot of extra money or other nonsense.  Really looking forward to the next MU release.