Cameron

Mitsubishi MU-2 Version 1.9 Update Released!

I've got the fuel controller adjustments implemented at baseline.  I have to do some flight testing to capture the flat rating correctly at altitude before I release though.  Sorry for the short delay, but the improvement in engine accuracy should be much nicer.  Thx again StevePHL for catching that...too much testing on the ground only.  I"ll peek at the FF and EGT stuffs as well.

-tkyler

• Like 4

Looking nice, and you got this forum buzzing again, bin dead for so long.

Must admit I dont know how to get the props out of feather position. Might need to do a little simple start procedure. I can only presume if props indicate Beta they are still feathered. Could you also animate the feather buttons, the hand appears but since buttons dont seem to move I cant tell wheter I am doing anything or not.

Once i get past that ill be back to enjoying this plane again, Thanks again.

Got past that step. Missed a little thing, Still if you can animate the feather button. Little thing.

Edited by mjrhealth

@tkyler New render looks sweet.  Do you plan on revising the avionics or keeping the cockpit equipment mostly the same?  I love how engaging this aircraft is on all levels.   Glass in the cockpit would take away some of that classic charm.  Though I'm sure some will want G1000 as an option.  Of course all conceivable combos exist out there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mu-2+cockpit&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9l_eP1OzbAhWJ5IMKHTPZBSQQ_AUICigB&biw=2107&bih=1166&dpr=1.5

On 6/23/2018 at 10:44 AM, StevePHL said:

starting the engines normally, then leaving the condition levers in taxi and bringing the throttles to full reverse for a moment to release the lock pins

Thanks Steve...   My solution was much more involved...  I'll give it a shot!

John

EDIT:  It worked!  Thanks.

Edited by OT2

I'm certainly considering options / preferences for more advanced avionics.  I have to have a few discussions with the Laminar crew about a few things firstly...but I see no reason that a few options can't exist.  I'm certainly crafting the infrastructure for such options.

On another note, with Spx15 launching in a few days, I have to rush off to Florida and have to put the engine power update on hold for about 2 weeks while we conduct this mission.   The engine problem persists when using joystick hardware and being that I'm away from my setup at home,  I can't fully test atm.   Prelim tests to fix the engine power issue were very favorable though and I don't expect to take long after I return to get the fixed engine power update out.  As always, appreciate the patience.

-tkyler

• Like 3

On 6/26/2018 at 2:45 AM, tkyler said:

I'm certainly considering options / preferences for more advanced avionics.  I have to have a few discussions with the Laminar crew about a few things firstly...but I see no reason that a few options can't exist.  I'm certainly crafting the infrastructure for such options.

-tkyler

It would be great if you could fully integrate the Reality XP GTN750 as Carenado have done as an option in a number of their new aircraft. It has so many great features and does not take up a lot of panel space. The other nice thing is it can be run on a totally separate screen. I use Duet which allows my Ipad to run as a separate windows screen and put the 750 on that sitting on top of the Yoke.

• Like 2

The original email about the new update to version 1.9 ended up in my junk email box.  But I heard about the update and was/am so happy to get it.  This update seems to resolve all of the ground handling issues I have had.  This is such a great airplane, so fun to fly.  You guys have done a great job.  Looking forward to the "engine power hotix" so I can fly as fast as I use to.

Just doing a flight from Doncaster UK to Bournmouth. Nice little plane. I'm glad this is an ongoing project, certainly will be my go to turboprop plane. Looking forwards to the new rendering and FMOD sounds when they eventually are available.

• Like 1

Lovely plane.

Can we expect FMOD in close future?

I can't stand those old x-plane engine sounds anymore....

Look what Laminar did with C172 and Beech58 :)

Cheers

The 1.9 version is the last update of this product feature wise. There will be no other new items, including sounds, until 2.0. When that happens is unknown, but I wouldn't call it anywhere near "close".

One must understand this is an Xplane 10 being updated for 11, also being used, it seems as a test bed for teh V2 which by all accounts should be so much better with FMOD etc. Lets wait and see, so much better than te hFSX version

Hmm  I wonder if we'll need to pay for 2.0. I honestly don't mind but judging by the pics of the new renders and the incorporation of FMOD and other features I'm tipping I'm right with thinking that, Just wonder if we'll get a discount :D.

1 hour ago, Vanadeo said:

Hmm  I wonder if we'll need to pay for 2.0. I honestly don't mind but judging by the pics of the new renders and the incorporation of FMOD and other features I'm tipping I'm right with thinking that, Just wonder if we'll get a discount :D.

I would expect we would, I would also want to get paid for the work I do, wouldnt you.???

Me as well.. And I'll gladly buy it. Was just wondering if there maybe a discount for the owners of the previous versions, That's all.

2 minutes ago, nomdeplume said:

Any chance there might be some news on the engine power update/fixes in the near future?

There's a chance there might be some news on the engine power update/fixes in the near future.

There's always chances in life.

Probably worth noting that the Mu-2 has been on the market with free updates for about 10 years.

Good luck finding any other software with that kind of support.

Waiting for new version, this is one of teh best payware out at present, can only get better with teh 11  changes, which i am willing to repay for.

work is definitely moving on a new version.  

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 5.12.08 PM.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 4

On 10/2/2018 at 7:15 PM, tkyler said:

work is definitely moving on a new version.  

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 5.12.08 PM.png

great!!!it will have added effect of icing fuselage- tail -wings and rain windscreen? or something like that?That would be great.