Low FPS in stormy conditions

Gradl

Hi Skymaxx-Team,

I'm a Skymaxx user since version 2 for X-Plane 10 and was always quite happy with the program. I upgraded to X-Plane 11 and version 4.6 this year and getting troubles with my fps in stormy conditions. I have constant 25-35 fps in all weather conditions exept storm systems. If im entering a stormy aera my fps drop sigificantly and I can only achieve 10-15 fps and my simrate drops (IVAO ATC starts yelling at me :-D) 

Is suspect the storm rendering of SMP 4.6 causing this drop, is there a way to disable, tweak in that area. It is the only big problem I have with SMP 4.6. Can you investigate, patch this ?

Hardware: Intel i5 2500k @ 3.2 Ghz (old but working fine)

GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB 

RAM: 16 GB

Weather: NOAA Plugin (default weather seems currently broken) 

2018-06-1221_10_45-witfs7q.png

Regards

Florian

Storms involve rendering a very large number of clouds, including some very large cumulonimbus and towering cumulus clouds. Accurately depicting these sorts of conditions will consume extra resources on your system; there's just no avoiding it.

All I can suggest is reducing your "cloud area covered" setting further if you plan on flying into stormy areas, and making sure your X-Plane graphics options are tuned properly for your system.