Saab 340A 1.5 Crash

jomardi

2 hours ago, DavidV935 said:

To the LES team members on this thread. Your answer(s) worked for me, so I won't get xEnviro until you post the issue has been resolved. My recommendation: Post a pinned item labeled "Issues between xEnviro and LES Saab 340A" or similar wording, explain what you've explained here, and state you will post again whenever the issue is resolved. Then, get rid of this thread so the community doesn't have to wade through all this. When resolved, simply post the date/time of the resolution into that pinned thread and how people should proceed if they own xEnviro. Just a thought...

BTW, while this Saab 340A has been a lot harder to learn than the one I flew in FSX, I love it, and kinda like that it hasn't been so easy. Perverse, I know! ;-)

I'll start off by saying I respect your reply, but I want to outline why your suggestion is not a good idea when viewed from our point of view.

If a new person comes to X-Plane and wants to buy the Saab, and he sees the pinned post, he/she will immediately think "oh, they have issues with it working with XEnviro.  Do they make add ons that DON'T have conflicts??"

We will, in effect, be owning the problem, at the very least, partially, between XEnviro and the Saab, when we shouldn't have to.  We've gone through this with several people when they say  "There is something wrong with the Saab.  It keeps crashing."  Jim and Ben have gone through every single line of code to find any problems.  None were found.

The first question we ask is "Are you running XEnviro?", and the answer is "Yes" 9 times out of 10.  The problem is not with the Saab.  I've worked with Andrey (XEnviro) on this matter, and he initially thought it was the Saab as well.  Until he found out what was causing it in XEnviro.  

MY solution is that Andrey pin a message in HIS forums saying XEnviro will crash due to some problem in XEnviro when run with the Saab, and possibly any other add on.  It's an unfortunate and bit of a tricky situation, but we cannot partially own a problem that we really have no part in.  If we did that, with the amount of 3rd party plug ins available, we would potentially have pinned messages all up and down our forum.  The onus needs to be on the developer of the plug in or add on that is causing the crash.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 5:56 PM, Goran_M said:

MY solution is that Andrey pin a message in HIS forums saying XEnviro will crash due to some problem in XEnviro when run with the Saab, and possibly any other add on.  It's an unfortunate and bit of a tricky situation, but we cannot partially own a problem that we really have no part in.  If we did that, with the amount of 3rd party plug ins available, we would potentially have pinned messages all up and down our forum.  The onus needs to be on the developer of the plug in or add on that is causing the crash.  

Fair enough, Goran. I can certainly understand your perspective and agree with it. I've seen posts in other forums about troubles using xEnviro and none were about the Saab.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, triannik said:

Hi,

I don’t know what the issue is but saab 1.5.1 crashed for me without using XEnviro but the Ultra Weather XP too. I have to say that both saab and UWXP are new versions and i don’t know which one caused it. I will report it to the the tech support page of UWXP too.

Bye

Whenever you report a crash you should also post your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files.

5 hours ago, triannik said:

Hi,

I don’t know what the issue is but saab 1.5.1 crashed for me without using XEnviro but the Ultra Weather XP too. I have to say that both saab and UWXP are new versions and i don’t know which one caused it. I will report it to the the tech support page of UWXP too.

Bye

Hi,
i did 5 flights with V1.5.1 and UWXP without any problem.
Maybe we can see problems in your logs.

• 2 months later...

I've been reading this thread looking for answers as to why the Saab 340A v1.5 has been crashing on me.  I purchased the aircraft this morning and have been fighting with it all day.  I also use xEnviro so I disabled that from running.  But I also seem to have trouble with this aircraft and World Traffic 3.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the aircraft and World Traffic 3 and still have an issue with the frames stuttering when this aircraft is taxiing or flying.  I disabled WTF3 in the plugin manager and the stuttering goes away.  Would anyone have any idea why this is happening?  I really like the aircraft, but this is the ONLY aircraft in my inventory that has this issue, so I am wondering what is different in the way this aircraft operates that makes it the only one I am having issues with.

I was just trying the Saab 340 this morning.  I am using xEnviro 1.09s along with WTF3.  I did a pattern at KDEN with the FJS 732 Twinjet and everything went just fine.  I tried the same thing with the Saab 340 and on takeoff the simulator crashed to windows 10.  I have attached my log.txt file.  Any help would be appreciated.  Just don't understand why I'm having this issue only with the Saab.

Log.txt

Thank you for the information.  I disabled xEnviro and have not had any crashes in two flights since.  And strangely enough I generated flight plans for the two airports I fly out of most, KDEN and KCOS, and now the stuttering has stopped.  At least for two flights.  I'll continue to do more flights and see if the issue has finally resolved itself.

I have tried several more flights.  Each time I go to a new aircraft and activate flights via world traffic 3 it crashes.  Then the second time I go in it works, except for KBIL-KBZN.  It didn't crash but was fine on the ground but as soon as I became airborne things got real slow, 8-10 fps.  CPU 35% and  GPU 45%.  I cancelled the flight and tried again. Same thing.  So there is something that this aircraft is doing that conflicts with world traffic 3.  Just can't figure out what that is.  I have 24 aircraft besides the defaults, in my hangar and this is the ONLY aircraft exhibiting this behavior.

Edited by jfwharton