Sign in to follow this  
blocks_off

License / Deauthorise

Hi,

On inputting my x-aviation username and password, I'm being asked to deactivate an instance. So I can decide (as I did not name my installs) is the date shown the date that the installation was first done ?

image.png.d3943a45b9d40b472e75337fae536141.png

I do not run on additional machines, these are more than likely from copies of the install i take (one might even be x-plane 10)

- Carl

6 hours ago, blocks_off said:

Hi,

On inputting my x-aviation username and password, I'm being asked to deactivate an instance. So I can decide (as I did not name my installs) is the date shown the date that the installation was first done ?

image.png.d3943a45b9d40b472e75337fae536141.png

I do not run on additional machines, these are more than likely from copies of the install i take (one might even be x-plane 10)

- Carl

Date shown is the date the machine was registered to the system. Probably correlates to installation date for most people.

They're probably from Windows Update. X-Plane version has no effect. It's an OS fingerprint.

• Downvote 1

Ben is correct in that a Windows update can trigger this, I think.

I recently had to re-register my laptop computer - it surprised me because I hadn´t changed anything hardware-wise, but other than that posed no problem.

Cheers, Jan

2 hours ago, sujit said:

respected sinior simmers

iam also getting this message when re installed os,or os update, but the hardwere same os is same ie-win 10 pro

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

This is normal. The machine ID is generated from the OS install. Not your hardware.

Positive: You can change your hardware freely.

Negative: Windows update triggers a new machine name about 3 or 4 times per year.

An acceptable trade off in the quest for decent user friendly DRM.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi. I have had this problem. This happened to me again when I changed the operating system. Now for inconveniences with other programs of bo back to the previous one.
Consult support, but I have no answer. What should I do to be answered?

35 minutes ago, Ricardodalton said:

Hi. I have had this problem. This happened to me again when I changed the operating system. Now for inconveniences with other programs of bo back to the previous one.
Consult support, but I have no answer. What should I do to be answered?

If you are doing a fresh re-install of (for example) Windows 7 to "go back" the System ID will be new to our servers and will pose no challenge to re-register.

If that's not what you're trying to do please restate your needs more clearly.

"of bo back to the previous one" makes no sense.

I assume you meant to type "I've got to go back to the previous one." - Even this is not clear. "Previous one", previous what, exactly? Previous OS, previous machine, previous disk image?

Excuse me if you can not make me understand. I changed to the Windows 10 operating system. Install everything and function or correctly except xplane 11. So I was going back to Windows 7. Try to re-install all the X-Aviation package and tell me that I have the ID blocked. I already explained this in the support email. But, it's the worst support service I've ever known. They do not answer.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ricardodalton said:

I already explained this in the support email. But, it's the worst support service I've ever known. They do not answer.

We do answer. You just don't read.

Straight from the X-Aviation contact page:

We will reply as soon as we are able and will endeavor to reply within 3 days, but usually quicker. Please do not send multiple e-mails or this will delay our response to you!

Excuse me, Mr. Cameron. I read the terms of the answers on the main page. I've been on X-plane for almost 15 years and I have many paid addons: and in all but X-Aviation cases the answers are immediate, maybe in a few hours and sometimes immediate. This was what i meant. Excuse me, please, my anxiety and I am awaiting the response of the support.
regards