Sign in to follow this  
blocks_off

License / Deauthorise

Hi,

On inputting my x-aviation username and password, I'm being asked to deactivate an instance. So I can decide (as I did not name my installs) is the date shown the date that the installation was first done ?

image.png.d3943a45b9d40b472e75337fae536141.png

I do not run on additional machines, these are more than likely from copies of the install i take (one might even be x-plane 10)

- Carl

6 hours ago, blocks_off said:

Hi,

On inputting my x-aviation username and password, I'm being asked to deactivate an instance. So I can decide (as I did not name my installs) is the date shown the date that the installation was first done ?

image.png.d3943a45b9d40b472e75337fae536141.png

I do not run on additional machines, these are more than likely from copies of the install i take (one might even be x-plane 10)

- Carl

Date shown is the date the machine was registered to the system. Probably correlates to installation date for most people.

They're probably from Windows Update. X-Plane version has no effect. It's an OS fingerprint.

• Downvote 1

Ben is correct in that a Windows update can trigger this, I think.

I recently had to re-register my laptop computer - it surprised me because I hadn´t changed anything hardware-wise, but other than that posed no problem.

Cheers, Jan