Sign in to follow this  
blocks_off

License / Deauthorise

Hi,

On inputting my x-aviation username and password, I'm being asked to deactivate an instance. So I can decide (as I did not name my installs) is the date shown the date that the installation was first done ?

image.png.d3943a45b9d40b472e75337fae536141.png

I do not run on additional machines, these are more than likely from copies of the install i take (one might even be x-plane 10)

- Carl

6 hours ago, blocks_off said:

Hi,

On inputting my x-aviation username and password, I'm being asked to deactivate an instance. So I can decide (as I did not name my installs) is the date shown the date that the installation was first done ?

image.png.d3943a45b9d40b472e75337fae536141.png

I do not run on additional machines, these are more than likely from copies of the install i take (one might even be x-plane 10)

- Carl

Date shown is the date the machine was registered to the system. Probably correlates to installation date for most people.

They're probably from Windows Update. X-Plane version has no effect. It's an OS fingerprint.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Ben is correct in that a Windows update can trigger this, I think.

I recently had to re-register my laptop computer - it surprised me because I hadn´t changed anything hardware-wise, but other than that posed no problem.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sujit said:

respected sinior simmers

iam also getting this message when re installed os,or os update, but the hardwere same os is same ie-win 10 pro

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

This is normal. The machine ID is generated from the OS install. Not your hardware.

Positive: You can change your hardware freely.

Negative: Windows update triggers a new machine name about 3 or 4 times per year.

An acceptable trade off in the quest for decent user friendly DRM.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hi. I have had this problem. This happened to me again when I changed the operating system. Now for inconveniences with other programs of bo back to the previous one.
Consult support, but I have no answer. What should I do to be answered?

35 minutes ago, Ricardodalton said:

Hi. I have had this problem. This happened to me again when I changed the operating system. Now for inconveniences with other programs of bo back to the previous one.
Consult support, but I have no answer. What should I do to be answered?

If you are doing a fresh re-install of (for example) Windows 7 to "go back" the System ID will be new to our servers and will pose no challenge to re-register.

If that's not what you're trying to do please restate your needs more clearly.

"of bo back to the previous one" makes no sense.

I assume you meant to type "I've got to go back to the previous one." - Even this is not clear. "Previous one", previous what, exactly? Previous OS, previous machine, previous disk image?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Excuse me if you can not make me understand. I changed to the Windows 10 operating system. Install everything and function or correctly except xplane 11. So I was going back to Windows 7. Try to re-install all the X-Aviation package and tell me that I have the ID blocked. I already explained this in the support email. But, it's the worst support service I've ever known. They do not answer.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ricardodalton said:

I already explained this in the support email. But, it's the worst support service I've ever known. They do not answer.

We do answer. You just don't read.

Straight from the X-Aviation contact page:

We will reply as soon as we are able and will endeavor to reply within 3 days, but usually quicker. Please do not send multiple e-mails or this will delay our response to you!

Excuse me, Mr. Cameron. I read the terms of the answers on the main page. I've been on X-plane for almost 15 years and I have many paid addons: and in all but X-Aviation cases the answers are immediate, maybe in a few hours and sometimes immediate. This was what i meant. Excuse me, please, my anxiety and I am awaiting the response of the support.
regards

Hello
 me it's similar it's more than one month me that I expect it unblocks my activation of IXEG and skymax.I am an old customer at home.it's a pity they do not take his customers into consideration .

Edited by Robster

Ricardodalton and Robster,

While I do not know the specifics of your cases, in theory there should never be the need to "unblock" an activation. If you are trying to get an "unblock" authorized by X-Aviation, chances are that you are asking for something that is not within the scope of use and will therefore get a decline as an answer. You can install the IXEG on three machines. Once you install it on a 4th machine, you will have to pick one of the first three machines that will never be able to run IXEG any more.

Some people think they can activate it on a 4th computer (like a laptop they like to take on vacation, or to show a friend) and then when they get home they can activate it again on the machine that they blocked (FREEZE). That is not possible.

If you upgrade your computer with new hardware, a new operating system or even a major upgrade to your operating system, simply FREEZE the old computer ID. You will run the IXEG on that (same, new) computer, but to X-Aviation it is like a new computer, and the old one (before the upgrade) is frozen and can not be used anymore.

The system is fairly simple and it is stated very clearly - once you type FREEZE to block a machine ID, you will NEVER get to run X-Aviation products on that machine again. No amount of customer request is going to get around that. We clearly do not want "swapping back and forth" of computer ID´s, because that will open the door to friends or relatives "sharing" software (one month I play with the IXEG, next month my brother plays with the IXEG...)

Cheers, Jan

On 7/21/2018 at 12:13 PM, Litjan said:

Ricardodalton and Robster,

While I do not know the specifics of your cases, in theory there should never be the need to "unblock" an activation. If you are trying to get an "unblock" authorized by X-Aviation, chances are that you are asking for something that is not within the scope of use and will therefore get a decline as an answer. You can install the IXEG on three machines. Once you install it on a 4th machine, you will have to pick one of the first three machines that will never be able to run IXEG any more.

Some people think they can activate it on a 4th computer (like a laptop they like to take on vacation, or to show a friend) and then when they get home they can activate it again on the machine that they blocked (FREEZE). That is not possible.

If you upgrade your computer with new hardware, a new operating system or even a major upgrade to your operating system, simply FREEZE the old computer ID. You will run the IXEG on that (same, new) computer, but to X-Aviation it is like a new computer, and the old one (before the upgrade) is frozen and can not be used anymore.

The system is fairly simple and it is stated very clearly - once you type FREEZE to block a machine ID, you will NEVER get to run X-Aviation products on that machine again. No amount of customer request is going to get around that. We clearly do not want "swapping back and forth" of computer ID´s, because that will open the door to friends or relatives "sharing" software (one month I play with the IXEG, next month my brother plays with the IXEG...)

Cheers, Jan

Hello,
So how to proceed to a new activation?

image.png.d5d2f149f6e6683c504f0a4a64d76380.png

Good evening,
so that means that I will not be able to activate my plane, which I still paid 72dollars.
I am disgusted..
thank you x-aviation.
Too bad I give up I do not think buy any more at home.
I want to fall back on Zibo, which is free for him.

I am posting here because the support does not respond to my tickets. I feel very sad about this situation. The message I sent was just below. I hope to have a solution because this aircraft was extremely expensive. Thank you.

Hi! I have only one computer. I was enabled the IXEG and it says it has three computers with different name. All are the same computer. Time to activate. He tells me to freeze a computer. If I do this I believe that I will not be able to activate again on my PC because the three activations are referring to the same computer. What do I do? Thank you!

Select the oldest item and de-auth it. 

Windows Update will request a new registration sometimes. If you only have one machine the oldest item will be the safest to freeze. 

But do not risk freezing my primary computer? All three activations are on the same computer.

11 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

Selecione o item mais antigo e desative-o. 

O Windows Update solicitará um novo registro às vezes. Se você tiver apenas uma máquina, o item mais antigo será o mais seguro para congelar. 

But do not risk freezing my primary computer? All three activations are on the same computer.

That question was already answered in Ben's reply. Select the oldest date and you'll be fine.

It is normal to have more than one activation on the same computer - the copyright manager "thinks" you have a new computer if something substantial changes on that computer, maybe you put in a new graphics card or it could be as simple as having a major windows operating system upgrade.

If that happens the manager thinks "this is a new computer!" and asks you to validate again. You can (as Ben and Cameron said) simply select the oldest activation to FREEZE, because you will never go back to the "old" system.

Bom dia,

Jan

11 hours ago, Litjan said:

É normal ter mais de uma ativação no mesmo computador - o gerenciador de direitos autorais "acha" que você tem um novo computador se algo substancial mudar nesse computador, talvez você coloque uma nova placa gráfica ou pode ser tão simples quanto ter uma grande atualização do sistema operacional Windows.

Se isso acontecer, o gerente acha que "este é um novo computador!" e pede que você valide novamente. Você pode (como Ben e Cameron disseram) simplesmente selecionar a ativação mais antiga para FREEZE, porque você nunca voltará ao sistema "antigo".

Bom Dia,

Jan

Thank You!