Saab 340A ICAO identifier

Chase911

So I just purchased this aircraft today. So far I really like the AC. I've been testing systems and have not actually got off the ground yet.  During my testing, I attempted to log into the Pilot Edge Network for ATC. However their plugin requires the AC have an assigned ICAO.  I have ran into this before with other AC and so I knew how to fix it. By going into plane maker, then in the standard/Author menu I entered the ICAO of "SF34" I then saved the file. I was then able to log into PE and was heard loud and clear. So please add this identifier for others who may not know how to use plane maker to fix that. Also I really hope I didn't mess with the flight physics by saving the ACF file in plane maker which "opt in" to the XP.20 physics. I can only assume your updated 1,5 version has already been saved with the most current version of XP. Anyway, I guess I'll find out when I get in the air. Thanks.  

Edit to add question: Quick question. The throttle is bound by default XP settings. However the Prop is not. I see in the instructions to look for the blue I think star button to assign the axis for the Collective / props. This button is not included on the list of icons on the right pane of the window. Therefore I am unable to bind the Prop to my slider. Same thing with the Flaps. I have Flaps assigned via XP settings to a Axis lever on my throttle quad. I'm guessing these two axis are only available via your coding in your plugin. So XP settings will not make a difference. Interesting, that you aloud the throttle but not the prop.... 

Dave.

Edited by Chase911

I literally dowoaded and installed tonight. I already had an axis set up in XP for "prop". I also attemtpted "condition" as stated in settings. Neither prop nor condition will move the prop levers. Same with flaps. But thanks for quick reply and attempt to help.

You can edit/add the ICAO identifier with a text editor to prevent unwanted changes by Plane Maker.

The relevant line to edit/add in the .acf file is

P acf/_ICAO SF34

If no P acf/_ICAO line is in the .acf, you need to add it between those two:

P acf/_HUD_del_y 150.0
P acf/_ITT_is_C 0

(values may be different from Aircraft to aircraft)

So that it looks like this for e.g. an B737-300

P acf/_HUD_del_y 150.0
P acf/_ICAO B733
P acf/_ITT_is_C 0

8 minutes ago, mgeiss said:

You can edit/add the ICAO identifier with a text editor to prevent unwanted changes by Plane Maker.

The relevant line to edit/add in the .acf file is

P acf/_ICAO SF34

If no P acf/_ICAO line is in the .acf, you need to add it between those two:

P acf/_HUD_del_y 150.0
P acf/_ITT_is_C 0

(values may be different from Aircraft to aircraft)

So that it looks like this for e.g. an B737-300

P acf/_HUD_del_y 150.0
P acf/_ICAO B733
P acf/_ITT_is_C 0

Thank you. @mgeissAnd yes thinking i should of done that to begin with. Do you think i should uninstall and then reinstall from scratch? Well i guess I could just attempt a flight first and see how it behaves. Maybe a Developer can shed some light on this. Even if it flys right i might of messed up some systems?

Dave

9 hours ago, Chase911 said:

I literally dowoaded and installed tonight. I already had an axis set up in XP for "prop". I also attemtpted "condition" as stated in settings. Neither prop nor condition will move the prop levers. Same with flaps. But thanks for quick reply and attempt to help.

If I recall correctly, you must assign the left condition lever to Prop1 and the right condition lever to Prop2.  

4 minutes ago, JGregory said:

If I recall correctly, you must assign the left condition lever to Prop1 and the right condition lever to Prop2.  

Thanks @JGregory . I'll give that a try. That will likely do the trick.  I'm about to try my first flight here in a few minutes. What is your opinion on the saving the ICAO within plane maker.. Do you think all systems are going to be ok, or would you recommend I install from scratch and edit the ACF file? I personally think if you have recently saved this AC within plane maker, then me saving the ICAO should make no difference. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Chase911 said:

Thanks @JGregory . I'll give that a try. That will likely do the trick.  I'm about to try my first flight here in a few minutes. What is your opinion on the saving the ICAO within plane maker.. Do you think all systems are going to be ok, or would you recommend I install from scratch and edit the ACF file? I personally think if you have recently saved this AC within plane maker, then me saving the ICAO should make no difference. Thanks. 

I'm not sure about changing the ICAO and how that might affect DRM.  I would make a backup copy of the .acf file before you make any changes.  If you want to be sure, contact Cameron at X-Aviation.

20 minutes ago, JGregory said:

I'm not sure about changing the ICAO and how that might affect DRM.  I would make a backup copy of the .acf file before you make any changes.  If you want to be sure, contact Cameron at X-Aviation.

Should be fine. Just don't change the author or description data which is used to locate the product in your purchase history and license data.

• Downvote 1