Better pushback issues with Saab

Philip Harris

4 hours ago, Philip Harris said:

Hi, just got the Saab but Better Pushback doesnt seem to work correctly. It doesnt push me where I select and never stops pushing! Works OK with other aircraft. Anyone know a fix?

Hello,

Just tested with: X Plane 11.21 final, Win 10, Saab 1.5, BP 0.47. No problem.

Have you removed the ground equipment?

Also tested after an auto start. No problem.

I have lots of problems with Better Pushback and the 340, too. Mostly it's okay if you just go back and straight, but if you try to get it to turn you at all it'll get very confused.

My speculation was that the Saab's doing something to prevent the nose wheel from turning when the aircraft is stopped and that was throwing off BP. But on the weekend I did a flight with DDEN's Challenger 300 v2 and BP freaked out trying to push that aircraft back as well. Plus there's plenty of clips of it freaking out with all manner of different aircraft.

So I think the plugin just has some issues in some (many) situations, especially if you ask it to do anything beyond a straight push.

The Saab is fitted with a working steering tiller, that will remain locked unless you activate it.  I'm guessing this might be the problem.  Left side, the wheel just forward of the circuit breakers.  Pushing it down will release the tiller.  Pulling it up will lock it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the LES Saab v1.5 about 2 weeks ago and have the same issue of BP going in circles if you plan a turn as part of my pushback. And it never stops, so I've had to Quit XP11 to break out of it. BP doesn't do this with the Zibo or Ultimate B737 or other planes, just the LES Saab so far. Going straight back seems to be the only way to avoid the issue.

8 minutes ago, DavidV935 said:

I bought the LES Saab v1.5 about 2 weeks ago and have the same issue of BP going in circles if you plan a turn as part of my pushback. And it never stops, so I've had to Quit XP11 to break out of it. BP doesn't do this with the Zibo or Ultimate B737 or other planes, just the LES Saab so far. Going straight back seems to be the only way to avoid the issue.

Did you try activating the steering?

Just now, Goran_M said:

Did you try activating the steering?

Goran... To answer your question, I'm going to try it both ways to know if BP behaves differently with nosewheel steering locked or unlocked. I'll try it later today/tonight and post the results back here.

LES_Saab_340A_29.thumb.png.74b230233342c77e4b9c43c367a53376.png

Just did a few different scenarios with nosewheel steering engaged (tiller pressed down) and with it locked. Image #28 is the plan entered into BetterPushBack both times. The result was the same in both scenarios. During the second scenario with the nosewheel steering locked, after seeing the plane going the same direction as the first scenario, I went to the BPB dropdown and selected "Stop Pushback," at which point the plane was turned 90 degrees left and then came to a stop before hitting the gates from the opposite terminal.

LES_Saab_340A_28.png

LES_Saab_340A_31.png

LES_Saab_340A_32.png

LES_Saab_340A_35.png

Edited by DavidV935

• 3 months later...

Hello,

i have some issues too, with BetterPushback:

With one (or two) engine started (any PROP setting) and releasing the parking brake, the aircraft will push the tow-truck (forward) and not as planned (expected) the other way around, LOL

Workaround: Keep at least one GND-chock in place until PB actually starts, then removing it.

Pushback does all correctly, even turns and push back and push forwards combined.

FYI

Regards

Oliver

@Selmer79 Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the nosewheel winch. 
Here the Saab uses the time between "release parking brake" and "starting pushback"  to push the tug forward (engines running, feathered i.e.). Realy funny.

If i use the chocks to decelerate the a/c, the tug finally "catches" and then everything is fine. 

(i've removed most of the plugins of course for testing, I'll try some other airports later today)

No engines runnig, everything's fine.

I havent seen this on any other a/c ever (IXEG/B757/B732/Pipi/DA62 etc)

Jet

• Downvote 1