Nice job on the Saab 340A for XP11...

BeachAV8R

• 1 month later...

I agree.

In my humble opinion LES Saab 340A is a very very good simulation with a flight model and system depth that many other payware aircrafts for XP are missing. I'm one of those crazy dudes who likes to fly according to the AFM/POH. Or as much as possible ;)

LES 340A has great interior graphics and if you are going for gold the details counts;  like the readability of the avionics, handling of levers, sounds, brightness of annunciators and so on.

I guess some fellow-simmers out there moan about the engagement of the AP in the 340 :-), but that is one of the details I'm talking about. If you engage it in a certain way on the 340 - of course it must be simulated.

On my scale of one to five the LES has almost five stars, and would definitely be a fiver with some kind of FMS (if not Collins then perhaps xFMC) and test procedures...

Looking forward to the ver 2 when it comes!

/john

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I also want to send my deepest sincere love to this aircraft....my desk vibrates because of the roaring props. I am really into the gauges, the whole look and feel...I can almost smell the plane. I am addicted to the workload in the cockpit and the finetuning of my performance and path during my PCO-flights above Vancouver and surroundings. Yep! A relief from the computed managed flights of p.ex an Airbus.

• Like 1

Mindyourstep 

you may be interested in the youtube videos produced by Sim Pilot . Its quite unlike the usual music polluted , 3 hour long , meandering ,  type of flight sim vids . They are full to the brim of practical  information conveyed in a flowing , informed style. If you like the Saab set aside an hour to have a look at them all https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B7q3Q7CeuJY

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Saab a week go and want to fly nothing else since then. Did not get it during a sale but to be honest I don't give a damn, the plane is worth every cent, 50$ is nothing for the time it gives me.

I am particularly impressed how everything looks and sounds just like the real thing.

I have not owned X-Plane long enough to say if it is the best addon plane for X-Plane, but is sure could be. Most airplanes begin to feel shallow after a short time but with this one I feel the journey just barely begun.

My biggest nitpick is some small problems with the instrument glass. Which is way too opaque and does not work on many angles. In particular it does not look like glass but rather badly scratched acryl. But all in all the cockpit is just right and does not look gamey at all like so many others.

• 1 year later...

I love this Saab 340A!  It flies beautifully, is a challenge to learn and is super enjoyable.

Below is a picture of my first landing with it.  The picture shows me in the grass, but that was while I was parking the aircraft.  I forgot to put on the parking brake when I was head-down shutting off the engines.  The landing was beautiful and felt really good for the first time

Saab 340A First Landing.jpg

Considering how long I have had this plane I have done more flights with it in last 2 weeks than since I have had it. YSSY to YBUD, to YARM back to YSSY than to YORG now at YBHI, which is longest flight yet, next is back to YSSY littte over 500nm but expecting a  35 kt tail wind.

Climb out.jpg

Edited by mjrhealth