IXEG 737 - Exec Problem

JulFlyer

Good day,

I have following problem: always, when I change something in the IXEG 737's FMC, which isn't executed yet, my FPS drop and I'my not able for many seconds to press EXEC.

It's okay for one fix change, but without pausing the sim (yes, your're able to click EXEC and stop the problem in pause mode), your're not able to change a complex STAR in the DEP/ARR page (not shown in the video), which makes this so perfect plane unflyable on IVAO.

For this test I removed all plugins.

Kind regards

Julius

Edited by Morten

• 1 year later...

Don't mean to drag this topic back up but I find this thread very difficult to follow. Almost seems like an amalgamation of several others that had similar issues.

Could someone kindly just sum up the solution here at the end of the thread for those of us only recently acquainted with this product?

How does one fix this issue? Am I correct to say that it's just a matter of adding the X Plane 11 folder as an exception in one's anti-virus? If so, I've tried this and still find that modifying routes in the FMC causes things to just freeze. Unless one pauses and it seems like the freeze stops only to resume again once un-paused. Fortunately, the freeze seems to be temporary but as someone mentioned, it's not ideal for online flying.

Hi Sdwr87,

yes, that is correct. Apply an exception to your antivirus program (Windows defender, etc.) for the whole X-Plane folder. That should cure it. Make sure that you are not running multiple AV suites, too.

Another reason could be running X-Plane off of an external harddisk. This is not recommended for bandwidth reasons.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1