Display X-Plane 11 Gauges & Other Info On Another Computer

dannytiberi

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on a forum of any kind so bear with me if I'm doing something terribly wrong.

I am here to propose that I can develop a program that has very exciting potential for the X-Plane 11 community. This program displays gauges and other information about your aircraft (such as indicated airspeed, altitude and all the other stats that we monitor) on a separate computer connected to the same network. I have made a proof of concept program and ran it on a Raspberry Pi 2B with a 3.5-inch display (see images attached) and it works wonderfully! The proof of concept alone, comfortably displaying a real-time functional artificial horizon and airspeed gauge, blows the overpriced Saitek instrument displays out of the water (or more appropriately, the sky). Imagine a low-cost alternative that can display your aircraft's instruments and other information on a separate screen, right there on your desk with near zero performance impact! This is what I am proposing to develop. I will enhance and expand upon what I have already achieved to create a cheaper, and more capable, program that rivals anything else on the market.

This program combined with the potential and low-cost nature of the Raspberry Pi, can become a must-have accessory to your home cockpit. The image attached is a proof of concept running on a Raspberry Pi 2b with a 3.5-inch screen. The final program will be able to display more content than this proof of concept. You will also be able to customize what content is displayed. The reason I am here today is to gauge peoples interest in purchasing the final product. I also plan to develop a free demonstration program and distribute it. As of right now, I plan to sell a license for the final product at the low cost of $15 when the project has been completed!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and please reply with your feedback.

Happy flying!

Overview:

1. Price: $15
  2. Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux
  3. Release date: To be determined
  4. Summary: A program, with easy setup, that can display aircraft instruments and other information from X Plane 11, on another computer located on the same network.

"We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?" — Cockpit crew in the movie Airplane.

Xplane2.JPG

Xplane3.jpg