Is BluFX back?

Tom Knudsen

9 hours ago, Tom Knudsen said:

Not sure who is crying now, but isn't this program and programs like it, just a simple tweak of X-Planes dataref values?

Basically something anybody can make and utilize of?

No.

It went a little deeper than that.

First, it requires actual OpenGL code to be written.

Second, it was a blatant copy of a commercial product. In itself, perfectly legal if somewhat dubious ethically.

Third, it was basically a verbatim copy down to the theme names, GUI layout and whatever else occured at the time.

More like this:

Fake-Nike-TW.jpg

In the "online world" this is "perfectly ok" ... according to the vocal masses who'll turn a blind eye to literally anything.

In the "real world" Customs and Border Control will seize and destroy counterfeit goods without a second thought.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-12/french-authorities-destroy-luxury-fakes/4747708

Edited by Ben Russell
typo: "Customers" -> "Customs"
  • Downvote 1

Further food for thought:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/richard-lewis-instagram-photos-100000-dollars-new-york-new-portraits-copyright-2015-5

An "artist" is literally making large format prints of Instagram content that someone else produced and selling it.

Grey area. Dubious. etc.

Basically, don't be an ass. Create something original.

Edited by Ben Russell
  • Downvote 1

Point taken, personally I would not even bother making things like this. Love the colors and tones just the way they are naively, but that's me. 

However, If you John were to make i.e. WaterMAXX with some magenta ocean coloring going on, heck I might be considered to look at it :D 

The url in the OP doesn’t seem to work for me. Was the content removed?

Yes. I contacted Nicolas about it this morning and he's very well aware of our legal stance on it.

I would do the same for him if he were in a similar situation with our file library.