Problems getting this to work...

Litjan

Hi everyone,

during the download I got this error several times - only "ignore" allowed me to get past it (see attached screenshot).

Error TerraMaxx.jpg

Then, during an attempt to load seasons into X-Plane, I get an onscreen warning and this in my log.txt:

0:00:00.000 D/HID: HID Bridge Running
0:00:00.422 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:00.422 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:00.422 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/SeasonsXP/
0:00:00.422 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:00.422 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:00.422 E/SYS: | (io_locate.cpp:394)
0:00:00.422 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:00.422 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/SeasonsXP/library.txt:
0:00:00.422 E/SCN: Incorrect version for scenery library file.  Will skip.

Running XP11.20.

Any ideas? Thanks, Jan

Hi Cameron,

yes, I run the regular firewall that comes with Win10... I always get the message at the same "spot" in the download, when about 1/3rd through the first (of three) packages.

Never had a problem with downloading from X-Aviation before, so this is somewhat puzzling...

Cheers, Jan

Update: Finally got it to work, and I am posting how here to help other people with the same problem and X-Aviation in troubleshooting the problem.

This is how my computer is connected to the internet:

1.) The signal (DSL) enters the house and goes into a WLAN router.

2.) The line goes from the WLAN router into a second WLAN router (in my office), type Netgear WGT624.

3.) The line goes from the second router into my computer.

This configuration did not work with the download. However, when I plugged my computer directly into the first router (bypassing the Netgear), things worked flawlessly.

Off to some winter flying!

Jan

• Upvote 1

I wonder if both routers have NAT enabled putting you behind a double NAT...

You should be able to configure the second router to hand off all NAT and DHCP to the first.

Exactly how that's done is beyond the scope of a forum post (or our tech support offerings) though.

Good find..

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Russell said:

I wonder if both routers have NAT enabled putting you behind a double NAT...

You should be able to configure the second router to hand off all NAT and DHCP to the first.

Exactly how that's done is beyond the scope of a forum post (or our tech support offerings) though.

Good find..

Thanks, Ben - I dare not to tinker too much with my router settings. I remember an unfortunate attempt a few years ago to open some specific ports and that went really not well at all. I prefer the "get the long LAN cable out of the basement and run a bypass" solution :lol:.

Cheers, Jan