IXEG 737 and Precision Flight Controls C2 Pro

Hello,

I have the 737 set to 'running' at start but when I have the PFC plugin loaded the number 2 engine spools down.

It appears that the fuel flow goes to zero, like if i shut off the fuel control by the throttles.

the PFC plugin works fine with the X-plane 737,747 and King Air.

So, i'm a bit lost as to why its doing it on the IXEG 737.  Also, (minor) the spoiler control does not work on the IXEG and it does work with the X-plane models.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the latest plugin from PRC also.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

we use a whole bunch of custom code to control systems, so not everything that works for the default planes will work for ours...however:

I don´t have the PFC but you may want to check any buttons for moving "mixture" to lean or cutoff, I think. The engine controls are pretty much default X-Plane, and when they run, the only thing stopping them is either the "mixture" setting (emulated by the idle/cutoff switches) ... or you may be toggling the fire switch inadvertantly (check on the center pedestal if one is "up" a little bit)...

For the spoiler, reversing the direction may work - or it may be assigned to a lever so it won´t react to button input, no idea how you try to control it.

Good luck, Jan

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I revive this topic as I thought this is the closest to my issue.

I have a custom 737 throttle, I am unable to find the buttons in dataref to assign my IDLE/CUTOFF switches, is there anyone that can help? tried Carb Heat and didnt do it.

Thanks!

Thanks very much Jan,

I found it on Mixture down(or up) a bit for engine # 1 / 2, now my next question is that is since I have only one button, is there some that can assistant on how to make it for example up for button on and down for releasing the button? it might implicate a lua script but am not that good in that regard.

image.thumb.png.0a2e713c766bb9dd5defcb53126a242d.png

Cheers!

Hmm, why don´t you just operate it with the mouse? You only need to operate those fuel cutoff switches when starting or shutting down the engines, so its not really that important to have them on a HOTAS setup.

Second - for a realistic start sequence you would need to move them one by one anyway - you could turn them off simultaneously, though.

Maybe you can experiment with the command "Mixture lean a bit" and "Mixture rich a bit" - maybe they control all engines at once?

Cheers, Jan

Can't assign axis as they are not axis, as weird as it might appear but there is only one button which is in the CUTOFF position so no button for the IDLE position, that why I wish some one that is good in programming LUA to create a little script that does

1- Button pressed =  Mixture down for CUTOFF position

2- Button released = Mixture up for IDLE position

I ll try in xp.org forum see if someone would be able to help.

Should work, but I can't test atm, not at my sim machine. You just need to replace XYZ and ABC with the button numbers of your cutoff switches, which can be determined by running the "Show joystick button numbers"-script from FlyWithLua's menu.

-- Engine 1 cutoff switch
create_switch(XYZ, "sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_mixt", 0, 1, 0)

-- Engine 2 cutoff switch
create_switch(ABC, "sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_mixt", 1, 1, 0)

The logic behind that command is (button number, DataRef name, array index, value when button is released, value when button is pressed)

Edited by mgeiss
  • Upvote 1

@mgeiss

Meanwhile I have got a question related to this script, when putting the button number, do I have to specify which device as I have 3 in total, and how the buttons should be entered in the example above it shows the number "(12) Btn 10", should I put "Btn 10" instead of "ABC" in my example?

Following your instructions I tried the script exactly as follow;

File name put in scripts folder: throttles.lua

create_switch(171, "sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_mixt", 0, 1, 0)

create_switch(170, "sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_mixt", 1, 1, 0)

The script is being put to quarantine, what am I doing wrong?

On 8/2/2019 at 3:54 PM, Mooze said:

The script is being put to quarantine, what am I doing wrong?

I don't know why it doesn't work for you, the script is running fine on my end. However, it doesn't trigger the lever animation, so here's the complete version which set's the mixture and also moves the lever in the virtual cockpit. Of course you need to change the button numbers to match your hardware:

create_switch(15, "sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_mixt", 0, 1, 0)
create_switch(15, "ixeg/733/fuel/fuel_start_lever1_act", 0, 1, 0)

create_switch(17, "sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_mixt", 1, 1, 0)
create_switch(17, "ixeg/733/fuel/fuel_start_lever2_act", 0, 1, 0)

Maybe it's a copy&paste problem with the forum code function, so I have also attached my script (again, using my button numers that you need to change).

cutoff.lua

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 5:46 AM, mgeiss said:

I don't know why it doesn't work for you, the script is running fine on my end. However, it doesn't trigger the lever animation, so here's the complete version which set's the mixture and also moves the lever in the virtual cockpit. Of course you need to change the button numbers to match your hardware:

Maybe it's a copy&paste problem with the forum code function, so I have also attached my script (again, using my button numers that you need to change).

cutoff.lua

Possible, I ll try this out as soon as am able to, thank you very much, much appreciated.

A bit of contribution for your consideration. You should consider adding a bit of code to the script to check what aircraft you are loading, otherwise your hardware fuelcutoff buttons may stop working for other aircraft you use. Also, the ixeg dataref you are commanding is only available when the IXEG bird is loaded and will lead to a lua error/stop when loading a different aircraft.

So the script provided you above, i would suggest as follows:

if PLANE_ICAO == "B733" then

end

note: by adding those simple lines, the buttons customization will only trigger when loading the IXEG 737, you may also add easily additional entries for different aircrafts if those use different datarefs for fuel cut off.

hope this helps

• Like 1