Custom waypoints in IXEG 737

Friends,

I was trying to create custom waypoints in the FMC based off of existing waypoint in the LEGS page. I was getting the message “NOT IN DATABASE”.

Here is what I was trying to do.

ZOSAR is a waypoint near KIND Airport. I wanted to create ZOSAR050/5 (basically another waypoint on 050 radial of ZOSAR and at 5NM distance) and I was getting the DATABASE error.

My question is, Is the custom waypoints creation not a feature in 737 CLASSIC’s FMC or is it not modelled in IXEG’s 737?

Its not modeled in the IXEG 737, but certainly works in the real aircraft.

We are planning to add it later - a (poor) workaround is making the point visible with the FIX page (enter a bearing and a radius, use HDG SEL to fly to the intersection of those).

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Its not modeled in the IXEG 737, but certainly works in the real aircraft.

We are planning to add it later - a (poor) workaround is making the point visible with the FIX page (enter a bearing and a radius, use HDG SEL to fly to the intersection of those).

Cheers, Jan

Thank you. I was programming the FMC for arrival on ILS 23R at KIND through RACEN transition. A direct path from ZOSAR to RACEN and 23R would have been a sharp right turn. So, I wanted to create ZOSAR050/5 before RACEN. A FIX would be a good visual reference.

Thank you for replying to my question.

have a great day

• Upvote 1

I have a new problem and an opposite one

I have disabled DOWNWARD WIND ILSes and have been trying to land using ILS on RWY 14 and 23R in KIND. My FMC is programmed for 23R and RACEN transition. As soon as the LOC is captured, the plane wanders away.

The MAP feature in X Plane when DOWNWARD WIND ILSes are disabled, doesn't show 14 and 23R as ILS runways. But www.airnav.com says 23R and 14 are ILS runways. So, which information is correct? Airnav or X-plane? I dialled 111.75 for 23R, as soon as the LOCALIZER would capture the plane was wandering away from the approach course. I used IXEG 737. So, this is opposite to what was happening in KORD and landing on 28R where I had to disable downward ILSes.

Basically, I want to use 14 or 23R for ILS landing when DOWWARD WIND ILSes are disabled. Can you please help me of how to deal with this?