Completely Unflyable

tagreer1

Hi.

A very recent customer of LES, I purchased the SAAB 340 just yesterday. As I had just installed XP11 after years of solely flying P3D, I was thrilled to have my first journey in the SAAB. I get into the cockpit and begin working through the checklists. With the checklists done, as well as watching some online tutorials from the likes of Q8Pilot and Macflyer, I taxi out to the runway and begin the takeoff roll. I get the dreaded takeoff config and I don't understand why because as far as was aware, I hadn't missed anything. I ignore it, however, and get airborne, where I climb nicely to around 1000ft AGL when it decides to bank violently to the left and dive for the ground. My two friends who I was flying with at the time, who followed the same steps I did, didn't experience this issue. 

I understand that this is most likely a problem on my end, be it user error or a dodgy install. I would just like to know if anyone else has experienced this issue and if there is a solution for it, because at the moment, it is unflyable.

Cheers, Thomas.

So many things could have gone wrong that would have made it unflyable.  

I'm guessing, based on what you posted, that you missed a few things.  TO Config, for example.  Did you press the TO Inhibit button?  I'm guessing you didn't, otherwise it wouldn't have gone off.  You probably took off in GRD OPS mode.  Did you push the condition levers all the way up, and not in the detent just before the max position?  If you did, you will not reach takeoff speed.  What were your engine temps?  What was your torque setting?

Those are just a few possibilities.

There is a tutorial included in the documentation.  This is a very complex aircraft, and the tutorial will help you get used to it.  Once you get used to it, you could start up and take off within 5-10 minutes.  

• Upvote 1

This wasn't the case one flight, I should've mentioned that. This has happened a good 5 or 6 times without fail. 

This was with TO Inhibit and Condition Levers to max. I also set the CTOT to between 80 and 90 seconds or so. 

I'll try again today and see if I can resolve the issue.

Thanks, though.

Just a quick question.  You mentioned you set the CTOT between 80 and 90 seconds.

Justr an FYI, the CTOT is the amount of torque, percent, you want the engines to reach on takeoff.  You also need to ARM the CTOT prior to takeoff, and then reach 64° on the Power Levers (indicated on the throttle console pop up), or roughly 15% less torque than the CTOT setting, before the CTOT engages.

This wasn't the case one flight, I should've mentioned that. This has happened a good 5 or 6 times without fail. 

This was with TO Inhibit and Condition Levers to max. I also set the CTOT to between 80 and 90 seconds or so. 

I'll try again today and see if I can resolve the issue.

Thanks, though.

Make sure you dont andvance the condition levers to the firewall. They need to click on the max setting...if you go beyond that, you will not get the take off thrust you need.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Okay. 

Following all your advice, and once again following a step by step tutorial on youtube to make sure I wasn't missing anything out, using the checklists etc etc. I managed to reach 3000ft when the aircraft banks left and plummets to the ground. 

I'm stumped.

2 hours ago, tagreer1 said:

Okay. 

Following all your advice, and once again following a step by step tutorial on youtube to make sure I wasn't missing anything out, using the checklists etc etc. I managed to reach 3000ft when the aircraft banks left and plummets to the ground. 

I'm stumped.

Also, do you know what your airspeed was at the time that this occurred?