Socata TBM-900 New Exterior Previews!

skiselkov

7 hours ago, sqrt(-1) said:

Wouldn't it make sense to let the developers get the TBM done first before asking for a new project?

Of course, it's just a question. You can develop a great product and have new projects in mind for the future

Edited by mirlo1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A stunning aircraft, simply awesome. Will buy it the day it's gonna be released. I hope the interior will get better, but as you mentioned above this will happen.

I assume you will become very very rich! ;)

Edited by Elpromo

31 minutes ago, Elpromo said:

I assume you will become very very rich! ;)

I hope your assumption comes true.  ;)

We really do enjoy this, though.  I've wanted to do an aircraft like this (single engine turboprop) for a long time, and totoritko and I really do enjoy what we do.  Hopefully the passion comes through in the final product.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I hope your assumption comes true.  ;)

We really do enjoy this, though.  I've wanted to do an aircraft like this (single engine turboprop) for a long time, and totoritko and I really do enjoy what we do.  Hopefully the passion comes through in the final product.

One can feel Your and Totos passion just following Discord and Twitch. Outstanding!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So we've been hard at work at implementing a custom icing simulation & rendition. Everything dynamic and done via shaders, of course.

• Depiction of severe icing encounter. Inboard boot just inflated, so inboard leading edge is flaky as the ice flew off in chunks. Notice the ice isn't just a surface effect, it appreciably increases the thickness of the wing, as there are several inches of packed ice in this image:
    01.thumb.png.63a73dfed7c848189b725d40ea4e4bbd.png
  • The jagged leading edge in the following screenshot is due to ice crystal growth. This is what makes the wing stop behaving like a wing and instead gives it the refined aerodynamic qualities of a brick:
    02.thumb.png.8557af13bc90e07b5d37576ded8c5fb3.png
  • Any exposed sharp edges and point-like structures are prime ice accumulation space:
    03.thumb.png.add679ee6d70e8416a8005db36255117.png
  • Including wing leading edges, strakes, exposed antenna housings and flap fairings:
    04.thumb.png.0df4c642c6a86831248c698c9bf8b183.png
  • While stationary on the ground, ice also tends to accumulate on the fuselage:
    05.thumb.png.80064babcdc5d1a0896c6f5fdbee1f9e.png
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Norman said:

I would like to have it before the Winter. Is that possible? This Plane and TerraMaxx = Awesome.

We can't make any firm date commitments yet, but I can say there's definitely light at the end of this tunnel! We will update all the usual places (including our Discord channel) once we have more info on release date, pricing and overall availability.

• Upvote 1