Anyone tried to make b733_vrconfig.txt?

vitabutch

I have been reading a nice article on Xplane site regarding special definitions for VR views and controls https://developer.x-plane.com/?article=aircraft-vr-configuration-_vrconfig-txt-file-format-specification. The file is in plain text format. Apart from the custom views I see very important part is Manipulator customization (you can read details by the link above). Since manipulators are present in IXEG 733 I think it could be possible to create this file to make at least MCP manipulators to work correctly. Currently its almost impossible to dial MCP encoders precisely using Oculus touch. 

I wonder if anyone already tried those dark waters or I am the first one here? :)

• Upvote 1

I didn't manage to fine tune manipulators (i needed MCP rotaries the most, but all of the them are drag_XY type).

However for the ones who like to have normal default seating position in VR I would recommend to create B733_vrconfig.txt file in the aircraft folder with the following content:

A
VRCONFIG

################################
#TELEPORT HOTSPOTS
################################

BEGIN_TELEPORT_HOTSPOT SITTING Pilot's Seat
	AABB -1.5 0.0 -17.0 0.0 2.0 -10.3
	PRESET_XYZ -0.512 1.59 -12.8
	PRESET_PSI 0.0
	PRESET_THE 0.0
	PRESET_PHI 0.0
END_TELEPORT_HOTSPOT

So you will no longer find yourself right and behind the proper pilot position in VR.

Most probably I will not experiment further with this file so I hope VR ready IXEG release will be coming soon :) 

EDIT: After some time I figured out that I sit too high. I corrected position for height from 1.69 to 1.59 for more realistic view.

Edited by vitabutch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1