Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Standby frequencies for NAV and COM really dull

Hi guys

New user here, bought this yesterday.  This could be my issue entirely but the standby frequencies in NAV1, NAV2, COM1, COM2 are really dull, ie not bright enough.   I can barely read them, can backup with a screenshot if necessary but is this normal?  The active frequencies can be read perfectly easily.   I have fiddled with all the internal lights and turned up to max.

Thanks

They're definitely considerably darker but I don't have any problem reading them. The "Digits" rheostat does control the brightness but I think it starts on maximum anyway.

A screenshot might be helpful to indicate if you're seeing something abnormal or if perhaps your monitor is just a bit darker or something? Here's mine for a comparison, also with the popup.

standbynav.jpg

Yes mine is like that, its barely ok in certain light conditions but if a shadow is cast over it its very difficult to read.

The standby frequency display is intentionally dimmed just like the real Collins radios.  It is possible that they are more dim than they were in XPv10, and that will be addressed in Saab v2.0 as necessary.  We will not be making any more changes to the Saab for the V1.0 run.

Edited by JGregory