X-aviation licensing window

mutt90

Today, i purchased Skymaxx pro and real weather.

Now, when i start XP, I get  a pop up X-aviation Licensing windows listing my email, all my products( 6 x-aviation products) and at the top says Next License check: 14 days, 4:49:22 and it counts down. i can close it, but it pops back up immediately. Very annoying.

Also,I installed skymaxx and real weather. I get the drop down in plugins for skymaxx, but nothing for real weather. I assume this is because of this licensing issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

5 hours ago, mutt90 said:

Today, i purchased Skymaxx pro and real weather.

Now, when i start XP, I get  a pop up X-aviation Licensing windows listing my email, all my products( 6 x-aviation products) and at the top says Next License check: 14 days, 4:49:22 and it counts down. i can close it, but it pops back up immediately. Very annoying.

Also,I installed skymaxx and real weather. I get the drop down in plugins for skymaxx, but nothing for real weather. I assume this is because of this licensing issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please post your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files.

• Downvote 1

The box that popped up did not have an update button. I did notice this in other similar forum posts i've seen elsewhere where there was screenshot showing that button.

That being said, i just clicked all over  the box and then it did update. So, the bottom line is it looks like its resolved.

Thanks everyone for your help

1 hour ago, maor grinberg said:

i still dont have this resolved.

I cannot reproduce this bug on my 970m.

I'm still searching for the pattern of what causes it. It seems to be related to 1070 and 1080 cards but some users do not see a problem.

I've made contact with Laminar today to see if we can gain any insight into what might be happening but without a consistent set of data as to what causes it I can't give them much solid direction either.

For now, use a non beta install of the sim.

The VR beta branch is undergoing many changes under the hood to optimize the XP rendering engine.

I'm as annoyed as you are.

• Downvote 1

I seem to have located the root cause of this problem.

At this time I believe it's on Laminars end as it's calls to the SDK function XPLMDrawString(...) that are creating the problem.

We're working with Laminar to resolve the issue and hopefully we'll see a fix shipped in 11.20r2.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I spent the day writing a clean-sheet plugin in C to Proof-of-Concept this so Laminar can trouble shoot as efficiently as possible.

I have been able to reproduce the issue.

At this stage it looks like the error is not actually in XPLMDrawString(...) but some other OpenGL related code.

Probably best if I do not continue to speculate. The exact root cause will reveal itself soon enough.

• Downvote 1

FWIW I'm running XP 11.20p1 on Mac and the Aviation licensing window pops up all the time but the actual email and password fields are not there so I cannot enter my information. I tried reinstalling SkyMaxx Pro 4.6 but that didn't help.

This is the same issue as outlined above. Laminar should hopefully have a fix in the next update for X-Plane.

1 hour ago, Wendy said:

I'm on X-Plane 11.20 r3 on Mac and it is not working for me. I reinstalled all X-Aviation software but a popup appears asking for my email address and password but no fields to enter it. The logs tell all.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Laminar have been notified of the issue. We're waiting on them to resolve it.

Sorry there's nothing more I can do at this time.

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...