RobertErdman

Airspeed too low for climb

3 posts in this topic

Could someone please help me? It has been awhile since I have flown the Mitsubishi MU-2. I can’t remember how to get my airspeed up so that I can climb during takeoff. My airspeed is too slow to climb and will not go above 90 knots. I know there is a setting that I am missing, just can’t remember what is was. I have looked through the manual and tutorial and just can’t find it; just stumped. I guess I have been flying too many developer’s turboprops.  

Regards,

Bob

What version of X-Plane are you using, and what version of the MU-2?

Been a while for me too (enjoying the Saab while waiting for the MU-2 update), but just did a quick test flight now and had no problems and didn't feel like I was doing anything special or unusual procedure-wise.

If you have hardware controls for mixture you might want to check that they're on full; the MU-2 doesn't use them but X-Plane will lower engine output if your hardware is telling it to use a leaner mixture.

Otherwise, I just put the props full forward and throttle to max, though if I recall correctly I usually watched the torque and temp gauges and limited throttle to keep them under control, and it was fine.

Maybe if you can record a video or post a step by step of what you're doing we can work out what's going on.

nomdeplume,

Thanks for the response. It turns out that the culprit was the way I had my Saitek X52 brakes configured. The parking brake would pop back on, without noticing.  I reconfigured and recalibrated my flight controls, and now everything works normally.

Regards,

Bob